I am so happy

Posted by Barb 
I am so happy
June 04, 2007 04:07AM
Look what I did! smiling smiley

[ca.blog.360.yahoo.com]
Re: I am so happy
June 04, 2007 04:53AM
WOW Barb,the dress is beautiful.You are so clever.Im lucky enough to be able to sew a button on a shirt.

Take care & always be HAPPY.
Love Julie
June 04, 2007 06:45AM
thumbs up smiley It is a gorgeous little dress and hat Barb! You have a great talent.
Hugz,
Trish
db
June 04, 2007 09:13AM
Barb that is so sweet . Such pretty fabric . I love the blue . I also enjoyed your little sweater , the collar was a very nice touch . db
June 04, 2007 06:36PM
Awe, thanks guys, i am happy that i said i could do it, and i did do it, and i got it made in just over a day, in time for their visit, and Elisa just loved it. What she loved the most was that grandma made something for her.
June 05, 2007 04:17AM
WHAT!!! you made it in just over one dayeye popping smiley!!!! Barb that is truly amazing...i mean i cant sew at all...but to do that in one day i imagine would take a lot of concentration, focus and dedication!
You are just amazing! hot smiley
June 05, 2007 01:14PM
Well Michelle, what happened is i very impulsively asked my grandaughter on the phone if she would like me to make her a dress, and when i asked her i had no fabric or pattern picked out yet or anything, and she was like oooooh yes grandma!!! So that was Friday night on the phone, and i told her i would give it to her on Sunday when they were coming over. I had a fabric in mind, some fabric i had at home but hadn't looked at closely lol, and when i looked at it i realized it wouldnt be suitable. So, i rummaged through my stacks of fabric, and the blue flowered fabric turned out to be from a bed sheet i had picked up at a thrift store cus i loved the fabric so much. I also had no pattern or idea what i was going to do for a dress, so i rummaged through an old box of patterns that i have, got a huge box of patterns at the swap meet 5 years ago for only a dollar lol. And i happened to find one little girl dress pattern in the box, and it happened to have a hat pattern with it too, so i was thrilled. And yeah, made it all in a day and a half, but i did push myself too far, and it did wear me out. But it was funny, dan kept watching over me, do you think your going to finish it? Hows it going? Are you almost finished lol. I finished it Sunday afternoon 5 mins before we had to go pick cathy and elisa up lol lol
June 05, 2007 02:54PM
Barb, that is beautiful. Mark
June 05, 2007 03:06PM
Awe, thank you Mark.....smile
June 05, 2007 06:38PM
thumbs up Barb that is so gorgeous. You should be so proud of yourself. green tea smiley

Debbie
June 05, 2007 07:28PM
Barb-
What a beautiful job you did and what a beautiful granddaughter you have. I love your smile too!
I admire those who can sew - I have tried in the past and get very frustrated because I was not very good. The last thing I made was an Easter dress for my daughter - that was 28 years ago! - Tells you how my sewing went!
Anyway, You should be so proud and I know your granddaughter will when wearing the dress and a matching hat.
Take care
Sharon
June 06, 2007 12:22AM
Thank you Sharon.....smile. Actually, i'm not really a good sewer, i just know how to make it look good lol. The only sewing class i ever took was in home-ec in grade 8. We had 6 months of sewing, and 6 months of cooking, and i almost got a failing grade in each class lol cus i had trouble following instructions lol. I wanted to take more sewing in grade 9, but knew i would fail the class so i didn't. When i had my first daughter, my mom gave me her old sewing machine, cus she bought a new one, and it's the best gift i have ever gotten. I am still using that old kenmore, and it is 40 years old now, and i wouldnt want another machine. I used to make little dresses like this one for my two daughters when they were little. I don't know how to follow patterns well, i cant do buttons and button holes, i can't take a pattern for pants, and make it fit me, but i can sew straight lines and do zippers! lol So what i do is focus on what sewing skills i do have, and dresses always fit right, cus they're loose lol. Over the years i used to sew maternity wear, and put it in a consignment store, i did this when the girls were young. Did my sewing for hour5s at night after they were in bed, and some months made 500 dollars. Same thing, just straight lines lol. If a pattern needed buttons, i changed the pattern so it would need a zipper lol. If it had to have buttons, i improvised and made fabric loops for button holes, instead of real button holes lol lol. Dont know how to sew with stretch fabric, cus it stretches, don't know how to do smocking, but i do know how to sew a dress lol lol. But, someone here that really really knows how to sew is Dusty....the smocking on her grandbabies dresses is priceless! Thanks so much Sharon, for listening to my reminiscing lol
June 09, 2007 02:07PM
wow barb, such talent!!! Aren't you in early symptoms?? I was wondering what meds you take and what you think has helped you.
I am just now looking inot taking something but don't know what to start, or what doesn't.
thanks
Nancy
June 09, 2007 06:31PM
Hi nancy! Yes, i am in early stages, and doing very good right now too, much better than a couple years ago. I think memantine has been my biggest help. I have been taking it for 6 months now, it actually stops brain cells from dying. It is by prescription. Here is an article on it:
[www.stanford.edu]
If you are wanting to know about supplements, Will has an excellent list of supplements he takes. I do not take all the supplements. I take vit c and zinc though, because i read that zinc is excelent for the brain, and i read that vit c works similarly in the brain as memantine does. I read that hd brains have a much lower amount of vit c than other people, and that the anti oxidants in vit c help to stop brain cells from dying.
How aqre you doing now nancy, did you get connected with a local support group yet, and how are you doing on your own now? And are you sleeping well, or in need of anti depressants at all?
If you would like, i could send you a pm about dif anti depressants that have been a help to me in the past, and let you know if i am on anything other than memantine.
June 09, 2007 06:44PM
Barb, you are amazing!!!
June 09, 2007 06:57PM
Awe, thanks marsha, and nancy too.....smile
June 09, 2007 11:38PM
Hi Barb, yeah it is almost 4 months since John died. It has been the worse thing I have ever gone through. Luckly he had good insurance and stuff and with the state a long time so I get a monthly check from that and they take out insurance. I have LTD with the Hospital I worked at.
My SSD just got denied the second time. I didn't have a paper trail so that is my problem and I am going to go have the neuro-psych testing done as that will be my ticket when we go before the judge. The lawyers all say this happens with everyone and they always go to the judge level. So that will give me time to go to the COE. It was funny as in the papers they sent it said; yes you have the gene for HD but have had treatment and responded well. HAHA, Id like to know what they were talking about! But I talked to them at COE and they are going to help me get that.
I have been on Cymbalta about 3 months now, it is helping me, I think better thatn the Lexapro I was on a few yrs ago. I just feel kinda numb. haven't been able to cry in a while, and think that must be the meds...I found a grief support group and they meet 2 times a month, it was the 21st, and I forgot to go, so I am going to call back and find out when the next is. I bought a book, that was suggested recently,havn't looked at it much yet. I have got alot of support from a online widows group. I try to read there and post when I can so I can share that way. Sleeping is off & on. I do have trazadone to take at night, or atarax, then I take Klonipin just 0.5mg, as I have been on that for years. The last 2 yrs I have had a hard time with depression and apathy. so don't feel like doing anything...
Do you have any side effects from memantine? I would love for you to pm me what ever info you like to send.
thanks so much
Nancy
June 10, 2007 11:03PM
Nancy, I'm so glad you found a grief support group. I'm sure it must be good to know others going through similar loss, and i'm glad you found a local group, because i remember you saying that your house is a bit secluded, and that you don't know many people in your community, and this will help link you up to others in your community a bit. Being connected with others, and having support is the very best thing. I can't imagine the last 4 months Nancy, must be very hard what you are going through. I'm glad you have a lawyer helping you sort your paperwork, and that the COE will be helping you too. I don't have any side effects from the memantine Nancy, none at all. Only side effect i have is my head no longer feeling fuzzy and confused.....smile. So good to see you, have a good sleep hon, and i will send a pm off to you tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 11:06PM by Barb.
June 12, 2007 11:34PM
Hey Nancy. It sounds like you are doing things about right all things considered. It's really hard get past the death of a loved one. Also hard to get back in the swing of things and having to do them alone. But it sounds like you are taking care of you pretty well really.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login