Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Our 9 yr old Son Tested

Posted by Carol 
Our 9 yr old Son Tested
June 01, 2007 01:27PM
hot smileyOur youngest is waiting to see if he is accepted to the "gifted" program through our school district!!!!!

I am sooooooo excited & proud as can be.

Can you believe it, and me with HD!!

So you can see that not everyone has bad experiences w/HD. I am sooo tired of hearing this & that about having kids & having HD.

He's in 3rd grade, & 9 years old...It funny, he's the only boy to have the extra testing. The others are girls. The other 3 girls also good friends of his.

Carol
Re: Our 9 yr old Son Tested
June 01, 2007 01:42PM
Carol,
Thats awesome!! You should be so proud. Our youngest is in the GATE program too. She is in all honors classes and Dad with HD! Kudos!!!
sandy
June 01, 2007 04:42PM
That so soooo wonderful Carol! you should be very proud!!hot smiley of him...but also of you for being such a wonderful mum even in the face of HD!

Michelle
June 01, 2007 05:29PM
Congratulations Carol... that's Wonderful news. I'm sure he'll love the program! Patthumbs up smiley
dcb
June 01, 2007 07:12PM
Awesome Carol!!! You must be a great MOM and so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCB
June 02, 2007 05:27AM
thumbs up congratulations Carol! I am so happy for your son!
Trish
June 02, 2007 03:00PM
Carol-
Congratulations! Your son is part of you and you have done something very right it sounds like to me.
My husband has HD and we have two beautiful young adults who have made wonderful contributions to the human race and are a definitely blessing and addition to this world. They both excelled in school and college and are still taking masters classes in addition to working.
We had them out of love and I wouldn't trade them for anyone else in the world. They have expressed how grateful they are here as well.
We also have two beautiful granddaughters - one who seems to be very intelligent at the age of almost 5 and the other 2 who is very curious and seems to be quite smart. Of course, we are not biased as you can tell.
What I am trying to say is this is a world with many problems, illnesses, etc. I think we are all here for a reason. And, as a doctor once told me "it may be a person with HD who finds a cure".
So enjoy your wonderful children, congratulations and take care.
You are a wonderful person as well!
Shaorn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login