Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

I feel normal! smiling smiley

Posted by Barb 
I feel normal! smiling smiley
June 01, 2007 01:18AM
I don't know how to explain this, and i don't want to brag when others are having a hard time, but i just cant help it, i feel so thankful. I don't know what6's going on, but all i know is i feel NORMAL. To someone that doesn't have hd, you may or may not know what i mean. But, i have had hd for 5 years now, and i have had good days and bad days, but never ever ever has there been a day where i could just say i actually feel completly NORMAL. Yesterday and today are the first two days in five years that i can say that. I don't know the reason, and i don't care why. Yesterday and today i just did completely NORMAL things, nothing spectacular, but just normal things around my house that i just don't do any more. Like i did dishes, cleaned the cat littler, cleaned the bathroom, hung a picture on the wall, made some hard boiled eggs because I, not someone else, but i decided to make potato salad, i got all the groceries to do it all too, and i cleaned up my balcony a bit, and dan took me to wallyworld cus i wanted to buy some plants to make a nice herb garden on our balcony, and i did some sewing, and watched tv, and just did some very very NORMAL things, that we all take for granted, until normal just isnt normal any more, and i am just in tears cus you have no idea what it feels like to feel normal, when you have forgotten what normal feels like. I don't know how long this will last, but it doesnt matter. I am going to be 50 in a few weeks, and i have decided i want to do something really big, something really memorable, not on my birthday, but sometime during my 50th year, i am going to do something that will mean a lot to me, i have an idea what it is i'm planning, and i think it will be really nice. For now, my short term goal is to eat healthy and exercise a bit more too, so maybe i can look good for 50 too, and i will be happy.
Re: I feel normal! smiling smiley
June 01, 2007 03:16AM
hot smiley Great to hear that Barb, you keep on feeling normal as long as you like smileys with beer
June 01, 2007 03:40AM
cool barb!...maybe a trip to australia could be on your list of things to do!!...lol..grinning smiley.

sounds like your enjoying being in the moment with these feelings barb... which is wonderful!smiling smiley
db
June 01, 2007 06:36AM
Barb I am happy to hear you feel normal . That is what I say to my husband at times ; " I would like to just feel normal " . With me , it could be my health , but , I keep on thinking do I feel ( off) because of maybe HD or because I am sick . To feel normal , it must be a delight for you to experience . I am Very Happy For You hot smiley db
June 01, 2007 06:40AM
Barb, I don't have the right words to say how happy I am that you are feeling normal. That has been a goal of mine in my home is to keep things as normal as possible. Normal as in no drama, no hectic living, enjoying the little things. Just enjoying life the best we can.
June 01, 2007 07:14AM
What a fantastic feeling 'normal' is.
I hope it stays with you as long as possible Barb.
Just a thought....I wonder if cutting out the cream & down on coffee contribute???
June 01, 2007 01:09PM
Barb,

I am soooooo happy for you & your "normal" self...yippeeee (sp?) hot smiley

Carol
June 01, 2007 07:35PM
Hey Barb

So glad you are feeling this way,but must say I agree with michelle maybe a trip to Australia could be on your list??????spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 01, 2007 08:37PM
wahoo! normal smileys with beersmileys with beer
sounds busy!!! wonderful

Apple
June 02, 2007 05:25AM
thumbs up smiley Barb, I am very happy for you! Take care.
Hugz,
Trish
June 02, 2007 03:04PM
Barb-
I am so glad you feel normal. My husband has HD and I do not, however, I can't say I feel "normal" most the time!! ha
I remember a quote I saw a few years ago which I think says alot. It goes something like this: Enjoy the small things in life because they are truly the big things!" I think this is very true.
Anyway, good for you Barb and keep it up. I enjoy reading your emails.
You are a very kind person.
Go Gal!
Sharon
June 02, 2007 07:57PM
Thanks guys!....and i'm still feeling great! Yes, Aussie land would be so nice to put on my list, but what i have decided to do this year will be memorable, but won't cost any money. I'm hoping to do something to help raise awareness and support for hd in our area, and i have an idea i am thinking on, and i think it would be really wonderful if i can do it, so we'll see.....smile
June 02, 2007 10:45PM
Thats sounds really exciting barb...i cant wait to hear more about it!smiling smiley

i can bet whatever it is that you do, it will be wonderful and very memorable!smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login