Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Aussie forum

Posted by Michelle 
Aussie forum
May 18, 2007 04:48AM
Renee and I have been talking for a while about setting up an Aussie forum. We have managed to find a free sight which offers us the opportunity to do this!

We see this as an opportunity to reach many Aussie families facing hd and offer them a space to connect with others and learn about local services. We will also provide them with the links to HDAC for further information and support regarding research, supplements, broader worldwide connection etc.

We are also trying to get the support of services and the HD Association to assist with the sight and provide information about what they can offer the hd community. We are aware that we are not experts in the field of HD which is why we aim to draw on the resources through services as well as our connections through hdac.

We wanted to thank Marsha, Stevie, Eric, Gordon and everyone who participates on this sight for inspiring us to offer something similar with an Australian focus. We thought we can only give it a try and see what happens!!

HDAC will always be home...this is like a little neighbor...or sister...smiling smiley and you guys are the first people we have told so we are a fairly quiet neighbor for now...grinning smiley

the link is [www.hdaustralia.freeforums.org]

Renee and Michelle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 04:53AM by Michelle.
Re: Aussie forum
May 18, 2007 05:38AM
it is very pretty ladies and a fantastic idea

thanks for getting it together

erica xx
May 18, 2007 06:19AM
Looks good you guys! Way to go!
May 18, 2007 06:29AM
Great Idea guys.

Looks great.
May 18, 2007 08:05AM
I will go have a look at this, it sounds good. But don't think the rest of you will get rid of us that easily - we are still waiting for JL to arrive with her banana treat for us. Swim a bit faster JL, we are getting very hungry.
Anonymous User
May 18, 2007 12:31PM
No Bananas Foster for you!

I'll have to join you electronically.

I swim like a rock.

Good luck with your site.
db
May 18, 2007 01:41PM
What get up and go , you two have ! I hope all goes well . All my best. dbhot smiley
May 18, 2007 03:21PM
Thanks everyone! smiling smiley

No Debbie they wont get rid of us...we will just bring more of us to them!!!thumbs up smiley

i will be one of those little kiddies that will never leave this home and ill bring all my friends back with mesmileys with beer ...lol

(awe bummer jl i was really looking forward to my banana treat....oh well Ill be happy with just the photo of you!!!grinning smiley)

Michelle
May 18, 2007 03:38PM
Great stuff!I wish you all the best in your new website,I am sure that it will go from strength to strength.
Take good care.
Gordonsmileys with beer
May 18, 2007 04:12PM
great Idea guyssmileys with beer
May 19, 2007 02:52AM
Weldone ladies! Just had a look at it... very good! Best of luck with it! thumbs up smiley
May 19, 2007 03:25AM
Thanks guys...thankyou so much for your supportsmiling smiley
dcb
May 19, 2007 06:52PM
wow ladies, just took a look, this lookds great---looking forward to checking back!!!! Good for you
Dcb
May 27, 2007 04:36PM
Congratulations Michelle and Renee! Way to go. Your forum looks awesome, and i think it will be a fantastic resource that you have created for so many down under, that wanted Aussie connections and local Aussie info. Absolutely incredible what you young ladies have done!
May 28, 2007 04:51AM
awe...thanks so much barb...couldnt have done it without you guys and all your support!!smiling smiley

we have a domain name too now which is [www.hdaustralia.org] just so its easier to remember!
May 28, 2007 06:22AM
thumbs up smiley Great job! Way to go!
June 01, 2007 10:15PM
So how's Aussie land doing? smiling smiley
June 02, 2007 03:35AM
well barb...i think its going well...im really happy that people are signing up...its been really wonderful to make stronger connections with people from australiasmiling smiley...and get the extra support from a few visitorssmiling smiley...its really lovely

i guess where i am at with it now is trying to make contact with services who work with families facing hd so they can help to share that we are there...which is a rather big task when i dont have alot of time and im leaving messages with people etc and hoping they get my messages and get back to me! But those that have have have been very supportive and encouraging about the forum so i am very happy about thatsmiling smiley

I think it will take time for people to hear that we are there but i am very hopeful that with time we will grow and become a place people can visit and get the support and information they might be looking for

I truly believe that everyone who has experienced hd, in all its different forms, has so much knowledge to share that it is rather priceless what one person can offer another

so anyway...thats my rave today...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out...other than that Australia is getting rather cold!! well maybe not cold in comparason to the weather you guys get..but cold for us!

Love Michelle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2007 03:38AM by Michelle.
June 02, 2007 05:17AM
it is getting very cold michelle ...i was thinking today i dont think i could cope with snow type cold weather...i would never go outside and live as a hermit in my nice warm house grinning smiley

the site is going great guns and hopefully some of those services you have contacted will tell people and start putting links on their own websites

i know having our own aussie site was something we were looking for a year ago.....
June 02, 2007 10:41PM
Brain wave twiggy!!eye popping smiley i will ask the association to put up a link on their site...gee you a clever chook...lol..grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2007 10:42PM by Michelle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login