Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Steve Ireland Important

Posted by Ron C. 
Steve Ireland Important
May 02, 2007 03:19PM
Hi Steve
Just a "Heads Up" I posted the other day and inadvertantly checked the Box "Send Replies Via Email" yesterday I recieved a Call from my ISP followed by an Email, The 12 Replies sent from this Site were Infected, they were distroyed on the Spot. Thought you might like to know, Spray more "BUG SCREEN"hot smiley

Ron C.
Re: Steve Ireland Important
May 02, 2007 04:52PM
Thanks for the heads up, Ron! Steve is at a conference but I'll call him tonight.

You cannot imagine what we have been through with hackers. This site and the Lighthouse has been repeatedly hacked by people who use it to send spam. Steve keeps upping the security and removing the malicious code and reinstalling the sites and we are even paying to have the chatroom hosted on a separate server! Everything has been fine for months but now it sounds like they've done more damage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 04:55PM by Marsha.
May 02, 2007 06:40PM
we have had trojans by coming here in the last few weeks and the first time it happened it really stuffed up our puter, then when it was fixed hubby was here again and the same thing happened

our OS was kind of out of date though and since updating and updating our security nothing has happened

I just dont get how people purposefully go and do things like that though
May 02, 2007 09:46PM
Thanks Ron,

Some of the messages included a bogus <iframe> tag that referenced a hacker's site called googlerank.com. Although I think it was innocuous it probably was interpreted by many virus scanners as an attempted virus delivery. The emails I saw didn't actually have the virus although they were mangled.

I believe I cleaned that up, but I'm monitoring this thread to see if I get the same problem that you did.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve
May 02, 2007 10:03PM
This is a test as requested by Steve.
May 03, 2007 07:40AM
Hi steve & Marsha
Looks like you got it fixed, Recieved the email responses again this morning, All Clean and Sparkly.Appreciate you Two & all you do.smileys with beer.
Ron C.
May 03, 2007 08:42AM
Have ya gotten to the part of the test where he makes ya tip your head back, close your eyes, touch your nose, stand on one foot and sing the "Star Spangled Banner" backwards? I hate that part!
May 03, 2007 01:13PM
The forum was down for me this morning, for at least an hour, was hoping it wasnt being hacked, hopefully just maintenance
May 03, 2007 01:31PM
The Lighthouse was down too. Since it's on the same server, I think that the ISP was just doing maintenance. Hopefully, the hacker wasn't going after both sites!

You just have to wonder what kind of a low-life person targets medical support sites.
May 03, 2007 09:17PM
Thank you Steve and Marsha. I would have no idea where to start to keep a site like this up and running, much less, keep hackers, etc.
out.
You are both a Godsend.
I take this site for granted at times but should it not be for the both of you we would not have it.
thank you so much
May 04, 2007 06:23PM
wondering why my red flags arent' clearing away today. I have all my flags cleared, but if i click on any thread, then hit the back button, all the flags for today come up, so i hit the refresh button and they go away, then if i go on another thread, and then hit the back button to the forum page again, the red flags are up again, and i have to hit the refresh button again??? lol
May 04, 2007 08:04PM
Now my flags are working proper again.....smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login