Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

thank you

Posted by michelle 
thank you
October 13, 2000 12:55PM
Hi. I stumbled across this page and have been immersed in reading all of your messages. I am not exactly sure of what I want to say...I was just very touched by your stories. I am 30 years old with polycystic kidney disease so I know the difficulties of having an inherited disease complete with the pain of watching parents, relatives etc. struggle with the disease. Yesterday I went for an MRI to check for anneuryisms (a complication of the disease). All in all I have been feeling sorry for myself today - what a waste of time and energy. My heart goes out to all of you having to deal with this terrible disease. You are all incredibly strong. Maybe in dealing with the fragility of life we learn to more fully appreciate the inherent beauty in ourselves, in our world, and in others. I wish you all the best of luck.
symptoms
November 19, 2000 06:23AM
My husbands mother died from HD and I am really afraid he might be showing
symptoms of it. He will not admit it but his personality has had a drastic change.
He has always treated me like a queen and told me how much he loved me.
Out of the blue I received divorce papers.He says he still loves me but he
is very depressed. He also complains of headaches all the time. I have noticed
when he is sleeping he jerks alot. He will not admit it but I think he may suspect
it also. He said, "you have only good things in store for you and I have only bad
things in store for me". I want to care for him if he does have HD but I can't keep
him from divorce. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login