Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

fish oil question

Posted by kimlinny 
Re: fish oil question
March 15, 2007 07:39PM
My non-HD Grandmother took 1 tsp. of cod liver oil every night in a small glass of OJ. She lived to the age of 94. For 92 of those years she was very active. Her husband was the town Dr. and had started her on it when they married in 1909.
March 15, 2007 08:52PM

Barb,I took cod liver oil for most of my childhood, we ate oatmeal or cream of wheat every morning , before leaving the house each morning my grandmother stood at the door with a great big bottle of cod liver oil and three tablespoons in her hands. If you wanted to get out the door to catch the bus there were no options.lol.We also took Buckleys and I gave it to my children too.

Will, I have tried the more expensive Omega oils and they were worse. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 09:08PM by plej.
March 16, 2007 01:14PM
Oh my God, I cannot imagine taking fish oil in the LIQUID FORM!! YUCK!!!!!!! I thought EVERYONE was taking the fish oil pills (like solf gels deals, not really pills)... YUCK, no wonder you taste it. I didn't even know that they offered it in the liquid form!! YUCK!

Carol
March 16, 2007 01:38PM
It's ok carol lol, i'm talking cod liver oil that my kids used to take in liquid, just as a joke. No EPA fish oil is not cod liver oil, it's usually salmon oil, and i believe it only comes in pills lol
March 16, 2007 02:44PM
Does fish oil come in suppositories? Maybe that would work. Just joking and not trying to make light of the problem, plej.

Will, a little punchy on a late Friday afternoon.
March 16, 2007 02:50PM
That's too funny Will. I wanted to use that line on the creatine thread awhile back, but i didnt dare lol smiling smiley
March 16, 2007 05:58PM

Really funny Will, I would be afraid to use them if I burping fishy breath well.....you get the idea.The brand that gives me the least amount of problems is Jamieson Omega-3 Select 1,000 mg.My Neuroligist told me to up the dose of Omega to 4 per day well lol I'm trying. Thank you everyone for your information.

God Bless
Pam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login