Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

where to go

Posted by Kathy 
where to go
September 30, 2000 07:08PM
Where can a person with HD go when they can no longer be cared for at home because of emotional strain? If they really don't need a nursing home yet, where can they go? Any ideas?
RE: where to go
October 01, 2000 07:42AM
That is a good question. I have been researching that very thing. In the telephone bood,look under social services. There should be many lisitings there. At first I called council on aging to ask about adult day-care centers. They had them but only for seniors.So the women there told me to speak to the head of the service and maybe they could work something out. Also I searched under services for the disabled, creative classes or daycare which has field trips ect.Even churches might have something to offer but the answer is to dig until you find something.Here in my town in Fl. there is not much because not many in this area have my need.I feel that if I can find a adult daycare, then when we both can come home at the end of the day, it would be more pleasant for both of us.If not maybe I will look in to starting one.I hope this helped.
God Bless
Paula
RE: where to go
October 03, 2000 05:59AM
hi do you know Sally Phoenix
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login