Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Michaels death

Posted by gordon 
Re: Michaels death
January 12, 2007 05:45PM
Gordon,

So sorry to hear about about the loss of michael.

My thoughts are with you & your family.

Take care

Julie
January 12, 2007 07:46PM
Dear Gordon and Kirsty,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son and brother, he was an inspiration to everyone who knew of him. He knew what a supportive family he had and now he can join his Mum and thank her for giving him such a wonderful Dad and sister.

Our hearts are breaking for you both at this time, now is the time to spend with family and friends and rest up for a while - you have certainly been very busy with JHD over the years.

Please accept our condolences and we will wait for you to return to us when you feeling ready.

Lots of love

Debbie, Anthony and Bailey
January 12, 2007 08:49PM
Michael's life was "a miracle that change the world...and left it a better place than it was before".

I too, have lit my candle and placed it in the window in honor of the life of someone special who will always be remembered-Michael.

God bless and comfort you Gordon and Kirsty.

with love,

marshap
January 12, 2007 10:51PM
Gordon, I didnt know Michael, but I did know him, I knew him through you. Many times, when I have chatted with you, and I have been feeling down, you would help me feel better. Not by talking about whatever had me down, but instead by telling me stories about Michael. Even though I didn't know Michael, it was Michael that always cheered me up, and put a smile back on my face. It was like, you became Michaels voice, his advocate, he lived through you. He was a wonderful son, you are a wonderful father. And as a caregiver, your giving has been endless. But, never, never, never, as tired as you were, did Michael get spoken of with the utmost respect and dignity. You are a person who has taught me what true grace and humility is. I love hearing the stories about Michael, yes, he has won the heart of Scottland, and the whole world. He did his HD journey with a smile on his face, and I hope I can too, just like Michael. Lots of love to you and Kirsty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2007 02:08PM by Barb.
January 13, 2007 04:55AM

Gordon:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I hope you can take comfort in knowing that although Michael did not physically beat this dieseas he sure did with his soul. His courage, strength and fight will live on in all of us.

Stacy and Jordan
January 13, 2007 07:31AM
How could he not be among us? How could he not smile and with courage show us the way to live?

Bless you and Kristy for the dedication and model care you have given him. By being open about the losses, you have helped us all understand JHD and the dilemmas it creates.

Love and Prayers for you all.

Apple
January 13, 2007 07:23PM
i am so soory gordon.my heart goes out to all your family but as long as you have good memories micheal will always be around with a smile on his face,you have always been there for all of us wat else can i say mate.you take care i will speak to u soon.ps i would like to hear wat baxter and super cooper tell micheal wat they think of the rangers,wont be good,love the guilfoyle family
January 13, 2007 09:39PM
Gordon, you helped us know Michael, and thru your talking about Michael we not only got to know what type of man Michael was, but what type of Man YOU are too. I do hope good memories of the past help you thru this time, and know I am thinking of you and hoping to see you in chat again. Love, Pat Wolf
AL
January 13, 2007 10:21PM
Dear Gordon,

I know it is so difficult to give up your child, that is not the way you expect it to be in life. You gave Michael everything that a parent could and never gave up the fight. What a wonderful thing for him to have known, that you were always there for him. Again, May God hold you and your family in the hollow of his hand. Thanks for all you have shared here.

AL
amb
January 13, 2007 10:49PM
Gordon and Kristy -
I am very sorry to hear about michael! My prayers are with you and your family! He was a lucky guy to have you as a father and you to have him!
Take Care
amber
January 15, 2007 07:00AM
Gordon,

I am so sorry...I feel like I knew Michael. You were a wonderful loving father and MIchael was as blessed to have you as you were to have him. You have ALWAYS been supportive to me and many others. I want you to know that I am here for you! Email me @ Sandyd2@comcast.net or I will see you in the chat room.

My prayers are with you!!
Sandy
January 15, 2007 03:28PM
Gosh Gordon this is so sad.

I am heartbroken and I am at a loss for words. Please know that I pray you have the strength to cope with this, your son is in heaven and he is happy now. He will always be with you, trust me.

Yours,

Greg
January 15, 2007 06:10PM
Gordon -

So sorry for your loss.

Michael was lucky to have such a loving family.

Please know that you are an inspiration to many.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edina
MRO
January 15, 2007 10:08PM
Gordon,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thougths and prayers are for you and your family.
January 15, 2007 10:39PM
Gordon
Sue and I were very sad to hear about Michael, we wish there were something we could say to help you with your pain. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Your Friend
sr
Re: Michael's death
January 16, 2007 06:17AM
Dear Gordon and Kirsty
I have just read about Michael and wanted to say I am so upset and sad. He was a super lad, loved by all.

xxxxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2007 09:51AM by Amanda.
January 16, 2007 10:53AM
Sorry Gordon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login