Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Michael

Posted by gordon 
Re: Michael
January 10, 2007 12:04AM

Gordon,

Our Prayers go out to your family, at moments like this you don't have time to think, stay strong.

God Bless
Pam
January 10, 2007 05:07AM
Gordon, I really dont know what to say either. I was just looking at the picture you sent to my phone of Michael and Kirsty before i read your msg here, like you said he is a fighter and i hope he pulls through and you and Kirsty stay strong. You have my number and you know you and Kirsty can use it anytime.

All my love

Louise x
January 10, 2007 07:23AM
Oh, Gordon, I don't know what say either, but God Bless from me and my family.

Carol
January 10, 2007 11:37AM
God Bless you and your family.

Love,

Paula
January 10, 2007 01:28PM
Im thinking of you all at this difficult time...take care Gordon
Love Michelle
January 10, 2007 05:45PM
Gordon - You are so supportive to the rest of us - I hope you can feel the support and love we all offer back to you. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Edina
January 10, 2007 05:57PM
prayers for all three of you...

Susan
Dee
January 11, 2007 04:15AM
I'm so sorry Gordon. I'm thinking of you all. I hope you feel held and loved by your on-line family.

love and hugs,

Dee
January 11, 2007 12:05PM
Just read these.
God Bless you, and Kristy and Michael.

So sorry for this bad news.

Love to you,

Apple
January 11, 2007 12:51PM
Gordon,

Prayers coming to you from across the pond.

Will
January 11, 2007 02:11PM
Hi Everyone,
Michael was seen by the palliative care team this morning,he is now kept comfortable and gets morphine and medazolem through a syringe driver.He is not in pain and is comfortable and that is good.He is not well enough to be transferred to the Ayr hospice so we have decided to keep him in the Ayr Hospital.I am going to move up tomorrow to stay with him for his last days.
Although this is all very sad we have the comfort of knowing that we have done our best,Michael has had a happy life.We will always remember the fun times that we had,we didnt beat the disease but we gave it a helluva fight!
Michael would not want us all to be mourning over him,he would want us to celebrate his life with a smile (He would do anything for a party) he loved his life.
Thank you everyone for you help,support and advice over the years,you are an unbelievable source of strength.You will always be my 'extended' family and I am not finished with JHD yet,I hope to come back soon and help if I can.
Take good care everyone and god bless.
Gordon
January 11, 2007 03:44PM
Gordon. You are often in my thoughs and prayers. I'm glad that Michael is comfortable and I'm glad you will be with him. I was with my brother when he died and it was a blessing to me to be able to be there.

Love,

Paula
January 11, 2007 04:11PM
Gordon, i know its a very hard time but just wanted to let u know im thinking of you all. You have been there for me when i needed support and i hope you know im here for you and kirsty anytime day or night.

All my love

Louise x
Anonymous User
January 11, 2007 04:36PM
Thanks so much for the update, Gordon.

I too, prefer celebrating life over mourning death - so I'll set my mind and my heart to that.

My love to all of you.
January 11, 2007 05:27PM
Michael is all about smiles... I will continue to smile for him.
January 11, 2007 06:40PM
Gordon..your stories of micheal have made me smile on many occasions...as well as your abilty to always flip things on there head and look at the positive side...so i feel deeply saddened by your situation however I also feel very privaliged to have known him through you...Im sure Micheal could teach us all a thing or two about being greatful for our lives and partying on through all the bad stuff!...You have sure done a great job at giving him a happy life...so i will smile for micheal through the tears and Im sure Micheals life will continue on in many ways past this point.
Take care
Love Michelle
January 11, 2007 07:31PM
thinking of u all at this time gordon.its good to remember the good times michealhad and the smile on his face.take care hope to speak to u soon. love billy
amb
January 11, 2007 09:34PM
so sorry gordon sending prayers and hugs!
AL
January 11, 2007 09:52PM
Dear Gordon,
I will continue to pray for you, Michael, and Kristy. May God hold you all in the hollow of His hand.
January 12, 2007 02:25AM
Gordon, you Micheal and Kirsty are in our hearts and prayers. I feel priveleged to have met him and shared a few cuddles with him. Stay strong and take care.
Love to you all
Yvonne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login