Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

kevin passed away this week

Posted by mark-vegas 
kevin passed away this week
June 12, 2006 08:04AM
i'm just devastated...my beautiful best friend of 21 years just couldn't go on anymore and took his life. needless to say, as his friend and advocate i'm crushed. can someone respond back and tell me where donations can be mailed in lieu of flowers for HDSA research in lieu of flowers so that i can publish that in his obituary? i'm just paralyzed from this and i just don't have the energy to research online. thanks for your help. He was 41yo. please say a prayer for kevin kercenneck. thanks
Re: kevin passed away this week
June 12, 2006 08:13AM
I am so sorry your friend has passed away. I'm sure someone will come along to answer your question. Just wanted to show my sympathy for you. It must be so hard to lose a best friend. Alice.
JFB
June 12, 2006 10:04AM
Mark,
my deepest symphathy to you. I know you will miss Kevin greatly.

joe
June 12, 2006 10:13AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for Kevin.

To set up your memorial to Kevin call the HDSA at 1-800-345-4372 ext.225 and they will help you out. It is a wonderful way to to bring some meaning to this difficult time. Thanks for being thoughtful in your time of grief.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2006 10:39AM
I'm so sorry for your loss! May Kevin be at peace - and may you find the strength you need to get you through this difficult time.

How thoughtful of you to add meaning to his life and death by setting up such a memorial fund.

June 12, 2006 12:30PM
My deepest sympathy Mark. To some extent it is a bit of comfort that he is now at peace.
And what a wonderful idea to set up such a fund.

God bless

Elizabeth
June 12, 2006 12:58PM
Mark, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Kevin was very fortunate to have a friend like you.

I think it is great that you are doing donations to HD in lieu of flowers. My MIL recently died and we didn't think of doing this until it was too late.

That is something that each of us on here need to be prepared to do before the time comes. please post and let us know if you were able to get it set up and what was entailed.
June 12, 2006 04:01PM
Mark, Iam so very sorry at the loss of your dear friend Kevin, and I am sorry that it happened in such a shocking way...the pain will get better in time, but please know thati am praying as you asked. Please take good care of yourself, and yes, setting up a memorial fund is a wonderful tribute to your friend.
June 12, 2006 05:13PM
Mark,

I offer my sincere sympathies on the loss of your dear friend. Here is the address for the Hereditary Disease Foundation, dedicated to Huntington's research.

Hereditary Disease Foundation
3960 Broadway, 6th floor
New York, NY 10032
June 12, 2006 07:22PM
Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Gos bless you!

Paula
June 14, 2006 06:11AM
Mark
I am sorry to hear about your loss
I can't begin to know how you must feel
Just hang in there buddy, you have lots of friends here if you need to talk....and Kevin has my prayers on the way.
Your Friend
sr
June 14, 2006 02:02PM
Mark,

I am deeply sorry for your loss and the suffering Kevin had. I can relate the the feeling that Kevin must have had. There was a time when I didn't think that I could ride this Disease until the end of the line. We have to respect his decision and try to understand that he could just didn't want to go on. God will have mercy on his soul.

Kevin was blessed to have a friend as you. I know your heart must be aching and healing takes time. The world need's more "Mark's" like you.

Bless you MArk

God Bless, Pray for a cure.

Just Me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login