Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Muscle fatigue, burning and soreness

Posted by wendy 
Anyone ever experience muscle soreness and fatigue? For example, on some days, my arms will burn and almost feel like I've been lifting weights all day or something, or sometimes it's my legs. My muscles will feel like they burn. I didn't know if this is related to HD, or if it's some other problem I'm having.
Re: Muscle fatigue, burning and soreness
April 10, 2006 04:19PM
Wendy - My daughter has the same muscle soreness and fatigue - her Dr. says he does not feel it is realted to HD. She has been tested for lupus, MS, lime - all neg. If you find an answer I'd love to know about it. Edina
Re: Muscle fatigue, burning and soreness
April 10, 2006 04:56PM
I have HD, and all four limbs, but mostly my arms, are constantly pulsing and burning, in the muscles and especially from the joint areas, like they are ready to jump out of their sockets (and sometimes they do). This is especially true at the end of the day. Oddly enough, I do get some relief from massaging my own muscles in certain places until they are truly sore (and I drink a lot of water afterward to flush my body of any toxins that are released). It does help.

The only way I can describe the feeling is that it's like the dull pain of an adrenaline rush - like a buildup and storage of unwanted energy that makes my limbs primed, burning, revved and ready to leap out, lash out with incredible force. Not quite as sharp as adrenaline (which is felt in the heart and throughout the body), and no emotions involved, but similar, and quite incessant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login