Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Can HD cause Pain

Posted by terrie30 
Can HD cause Pain
February 07, 2006 05:36AM
Can HD cause pain in the back or sides and even leg pain? I keep getting some pain on my side and when i lay on my back its always so much worst.
Re: Can HD cause Pain
February 07, 2006 12:13PM
It's a pain in the neck, a pain in the ass, and a pain generally everywhere. winking smiley

However, pain is usually caused by something else other than HD or some muscle strain caused by HD directing the body to do something unnatural.

Steve
db
February 07, 2006 03:28PM
Dear Stevei : you are witted . All my best . db
February 07, 2006 07:57PM
its muscle strain, it just wont stop moving around, the muscle are so tiet
February 07, 2006 11:04PM
Hi Terrie
I've been workin the last several days and haven't been able to look in on everyone ....sorry bout that smiling smiley
But as for the pain ....as far as my wife's pain ....I have learned that when I am at work for several days, she starts to have pain and cramps in alot of different areas....so over the yrs I have come to the conclusion that lack of movement and exersize is mostly the problem
ya see , when I am not here, she don't do too much as far as walkin, movin around and ....well you know just gettin around.... not sittin too much or laying around too much....but when I can be here and get her to move around more then she seems to feel better . I don't know if this will help you or not ....but if you can ...try to get as much movement and exersize as you can . It seems to help my wife Sue
Or maybe even better yet ....try to just sit on a chair and move your legs and arms as much as you can for 10 min or so a couple of times a day ....muscles have memory and if they have nothing to remember then they will start to cramp and stiffin up and not do what you want them to do and this could be the problem.....or atleast I hope it will be this simple for you....
I hope this helps and I wish you all my best
let nothing hold you back....be strong, and know that you have friends who care.......

Your Friend
StevieRay
February 08, 2006 05:27AM
thinks agaian, the doctors said that i have try to relax those muscle, it fells alot better today. Hard to relax them sometimes, When I am sleeping it has ben brought to my attion that i have been having major movement in my sleep, poor husband has to wake me up to calm it down some, What every this thing is its a pain in the ass.
JFB
February 08, 2006 06:12AM
i believe with hd. there is no movement during sleep. that is the case with wife and sil anyway.

just hoping whatever it turns out for you can be medicated.
JL
February 08, 2006 09:47AM
My brother-in-law reports that my PHD sister thrashes around a lot in her sleep. That was one of her first symptoms.
JFB
February 09, 2006 07:23AM
JL- That refreshed my memory some. I haven't been able to sleep in the same bed with my wife years now due to thrashing (and sleep terror dreams).

It is now when i look in one her early mornings, if i don't see any twitching, I know she is sound asleep. If there is twitching, I can wake her easily. (helps when trying to sneak out of house)

I believe the thrashing occurs during those semi sleep periods when most of us turn over and readjust.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2006 07:25AM by JFB.
February 10, 2006 04:16PM
Hello - My 37 year old HD daughter has constant pain in her back, arms and legs. Her husband thinks he should wear armour while sleeping due to her constant movements. She never feels that she has gotten a good night sleep. Sleeping medication has not helped and pain meds do not work either. She has been tested for a multitude of other things that they thought may have contributed to the pain - but no results.
February 12, 2006 07:37AM
I know how she feels, my back hurts so bad, just the thought of laying down on it hurts, I can sleep, my arm and leg also hurts and for the pass week when I wake up, I can bearly walk with out falling, this gose on for hours, I have falling over on so many things, I broke the coffe table, hit the edge of the couch and so many other things. at this rate give me another week and i wont be able to walk or at least thats how i am starting to feel. Just so tried of all of these symptoms
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login