Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Cure in sight?

Posted by Morgan 
Cure in sight?
March 27, 2001 03:11PM
I was just wondering how long everyone thinks it will take to find a cure...
RE: Cure in sight?
March 29, 2001 06:09AM
SO FAR AS I KNOW THE ONLY THING I SEE AS IN CURE IS PRAYER AND
LOVE IF THERE IS A CURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW . MY GRAND MOTHER AND MANY LOVED ONES HAS LOST THE FIGHT AND MANY ON THE WAY.
March 29, 2001 06:21AM
I DO NOT KNOW BUT WE NEED TO SEE IF THERE IS MORE MONEY TO
RESURCH THIS FROM THE GOVERMENT, SOME HOW .
THEY HAVE ASIDE MONEY FOR GRANTS AND OTHER MONEY BUT I THINK IF THEY KNEW MORE ABOUT THIS MABE WE CAN GET MORE MONEY FOR HELP??HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS IM NOT SURE BUT IM WILLING TO DO SOMTHING A.S.A.P.

LAURA WALKER/HARSHAW OF MUSKOGEE OK
Dee
April 27, 2001 01:19PM
Morgan,
It is hard to say if and when a cure will be found. There have been so many advances in science since they found the gene responsible for HD in 1993. Many in the medical community put the estimate for the cure at 10-20 years, but I think that all depends on our researchers and what they are given to work with.
There has been some major advances in stem-cell research over the last couple of years in relation to HD. However, because of the ethical nature of where stem-cells come from, Pres. Bush is trying to eliminate that funding, which I personally believe would be detrimental in our quest for the cure.
I believe that we must give our scientists all that they need to complete the task of finding the cure, and eliminating stem cell research will set us back at least a couple of years in reaching that goal.
I do think that my daughter's generation will be the last to see HD.

Keep faith for the cure!!!
Dee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login