Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My pHD brother is experiencing a lot of pain

Posted by Deborah 
My pHD brother is experiencing a lot of pain
August 09, 2018 11:13PM
Hi...it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything. So much has changed. It used to be very active and it seems quite a few of the regulars I used to see posts from aren't on here much. Kinda saddens me.

So, my mother passed away in 2014 from complications related to HD. About a year later, my brother, whom I already knew had HD, got tested and found out he was indeed gene positive. CAG count of 42. He is in early mid-stage. He complains constantly about pain....I know pHD's get stuck on things and obsess....he has been diagnosed with RA also and does take methotrexate for it. We have an appointment on Monday and I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue and what they are taking.

Deborah
Re: My pHD brother is experiencing a lot of pain
August 09, 2018 11:19PM
Also....I can't find my mini-profile on here anymore....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 11:20PM by Deborah.
eve
August 24, 2018 04:38PM
I have a feeling the pain is largely due to the rheumatoid arthritis. That is a nasty painful disease. I know there was one case study of a marathon runner who started developing pain and then turned out to be HD positive. But Will (who?s an amazing athlete on this forum) runs all the time and seems to do just fine. I?m otherwise not aware of HD itself causing actual pain
eve
August 24, 2018 04:38PM
I have a feeling the pain is largely due to the rheumatoid arthritis. That is a nasty painful disease. I know there was one case study of a marathon runner who started developing pain and then turned out to be HD positive. But Will (who?s an amazing athlete on this forum) runs all the time and seems to do just fine. I?m otherwise not aware of HD itself causing actual pain
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login