Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Anger Issues???

Posted by Bella8 
Anger Issues???
November 26, 2015 05:36AM
I am 27 years old and I was tested positive for HD when I was 17. I do not have any motor symptoms yet, but lately I have been having anger issues. I don't know whether this is due to early symptoms of HD or if I am reading too much into the situation. Every few weeks I have an episode where I have a legitimate reason to be angry, but for some reason it just keeps building until it is too intense to control. I end up throwing, punching, or breaking something. I have never been a violent person and it is starting to scare me. I feel so out of control in those hours! Does anyone else experience this? Do you think it might be HD? Or should I keep looking for a different source for my problem?
Re: Anger Issues???
December 21, 2015 08:30AM
Truthfully it could be any number of things, but anger is an issue for some HD patients. Depression is normally one of the first signs, but that is too vague to diagnose on. A Dr will need to have test results in order to diagnose the starts ( like a MRI).

It is very frustrating because the symptoms could be accounted for by other illness, but you never know. My uncle had his genetic test results in an envelope sitting on his dinning room table, unopened, for the longest time. He was sure that he was showing symptoms.

In the end, he was negative. I hope your story ends like his.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login