Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Wanting What Once Was by Donna

Posted by Ron C. 
Wanting What Once Was by Donna
July 17, 2001 02:06PM
I just read Donna's story on Wanting What Once Was, and it sure struck a familiar chord, everything she said is so true,HD is an insidious disease,and not only Steals our loved ones Physically,it trys to wreak havoc on the only thing we have left,Our Memories. Sadly though we can't ever go back, but we can become the Keepers of Memories,the Singer of Songs,and we can tell the history and stories of our loved ones,in doing this Donna,we can guarentee they will Never be forgotten.Donna, There are many good people out here who will listen when you need to talk,there are many who daily face the Distress and Emotional upheaval that you are going through,and always someone to listen.Maybe you would want to join us on Hunt-Dis,We are all dealing with HD in our Family,You would be most welcome,and all of us will Listen.Peace To You Donna.
Donna, I too read your story and know what you are saying. And even if you do find someone to listen you have to tell them what HD is and by that time they are tired of listening. I still feel that I am the only one in my area that has to worry about HD and what it will do to my boys now that their father is gone. I have however found a couple more people in my backyard that is also worring.

Several years ago I found Hunt-Dis and it helped me. Then I found real live chats and that was even a bigger help. If you ever feel a need to chat look up [clubs.yahoo.com] whos chats are on Monday, [clubs.yahoo.com] whos chats are on Sat and Tuesdays. One thing you must join and be able to use Java but it is FREE. Then there is MGH Classic and you go to the Huntington's Disease room the address is [neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu] The sad part about this one is people just pop in at will so you might catch someone and you might not. But in all of these places you will be welcomed. In Yahoo Chats we also welcome everyone At Risk was started to help those at risk but we found out that pHDs, caregivers, family and friends all lend to help as well as pAR. I hope this helps you Donna not to feel so alone and to anyone else looking to talk.
Susie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login