Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Some symptoms

Posted by Julie 
Some symptoms
June 25, 2001 02:01AM
Hi, this is new to me. I have not been diag... with HD but it has been brought up to me. I have been on the internet and have got lots of info. which has been good. but the two things I have not heard much about is ONE, Your vision. does this effect your vision. My doc. says I have good vision but, I can't see very well. I have a delay when looking back and forth. etc..... TWO, (see it took me 2 minutes to think of what the second one was. :-) ) Sleeping, I have seen something about sleep disturbance but, they didn't talk about it. Another thing is I still have all my neur....examines that I have passed. I have good resistance and pull and cordination and etc. I was wondering if that goes away when you have HD. I have all the other symptoms to the tee but Ihave good Neuroligcal exams.
Thanks for anyone who answers. HOpefully I will remember to check to see if anyone answers me. :-) I never done this before so I don't know if it goes to my e-mail address or back to this page.
Julie
RE: Some symptoms
June 25, 2001 08:45AM
Hi Julie,just a question or two as you seem worried.You mentioned you had't been Diagnosed with HD but it has been mentioned to you, by Whom was it mentioned? do you have a family history of HD? This is important for you to know as HD is a Genetically Inherited Neurological Disease and a lot of your problems can also be caused by other Ailments. However, if you have HD in your Family History and You are at risk,it is very easy to become so frieghtened by the prospect of this Disease, that it takes control and your fear starts to manifest itself as Symptoms of HD. You mentioned that you have very good "Neuro" exams and everything seems Okay, Maybe some counciling would help deal with this if you have a Family Background of HD, or even talking to others who are at Risk can help, At any rate there is a lot of help and support online for you, and all sorts of information available on HD.The site that you are on right now, The HDAC has oddles of good sound information from folks all over the world who have this disease to deal with every Day,there are also good support groups that you can join such as Hunt-Dis, with a membership of over 400 great supportive people that you can talk to,instructions for joining Hunt-Dis are available on the HDAC home page.Good luck Julie,and take it easy with your worrying,keep getting information and asking questions.
RE: Some symptoms
June 25, 2001 01:31PM
I am adopted. So, they want to do the DNA test instead. But, they want to rule out other things before they go thru with the DNA test. Which is fine with me. I first read about it when the doctor just thru the word out to me. When I read it way back then I immediately said NO and never have read it again. Til last night I thought I should read it again since I couldn't remember what it really was. My MRI last week was normal. I just had questions about vision and sleeping. I am on amitripoline for jerking which it has helped alittle but not with sleeping. thanks for your info. and for writing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login