Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

have an at risk friend

Posted by Dee 
Dee
have an at risk friend
June 22, 2001 03:17PM
i have a friend whose mother passed away from huntington's and several of her uncles have been diagnosed with having it. we live in louisiana and i was wondering if anyone knows of any support groups for people at risk and if there are any dr.'s in the southwest la. area? my friend says that the closest place for testing is in houston. also, i am looking for people with whom i can chat with about this. my friend is one of the most important people in my life and i want to educate myself on this and totally support her. i have alot of questions about this and she doesn't like talking about it to often, because her mother passed away with huntington's when she was young. ANY information would be appreciated and if there is someone that could answer some questions and chat with me about this, please email me or IM me at ddearmon3*at*aol.com
thanks.
Dee
RE: have an at risk friend
June 27, 2001 09:06AM
Dee,
I can't help you with support groups in La, but I would strongly suggest that your friend join Hunt-dis (on-line HD discussion group). I am at-risk and live far from any kind of support group and this group has helped me tremendously. You can e-mail me anytime if you want to talk
Dee
RE: have an at risk friend
July 13, 2001 07:29AM
i second dee on joining hunt-dis, it was my lifesaver since there are no support groups where i live. there is also some people on there from louisiana, they might be able to give you a better idea of how to find doctors in your area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login