Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

PA support groups??

Posted by Michelle 
PA support groups??
June 21, 2001 04:38PM
I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any support groups in the Central PA area. I called the contact on the HDAC website for a group at Hershey Medical Center and they had no idea of any such group in existence. Also, any recommendations on physical therapists/ occupational therapists sensitive to HD would be a plus. We're waiting to get to the HDAC center at Hopkins and the Harrisburg area or northern MD are closer than Philly area for me and my family.

thanks.

Michelle
Stacy
RE: PA support groups??
June 24, 2001 07:51PM
Sorry Michelle...I know nothing to help you out. As a matter of fact, I had no luck in finding a support group in Mississippi for my brother and his family.
July 16, 2001 11:40AM
There is a HDSA Chapter in Western PA. They meet in Pittsburgh, and Beaver and I think in Greensburg too. call 412-833-8180 for info.
July 17, 2001 01:29PM
If you go to the HDSA website at www.hdsa.org you'll find a listing of all the Chapters and Support groups that they know about. Like Gina recommended,
calling a chapter near you may direct you to a new support groups which the
HDSA hasn't listed yet.

Love
Jean & Kelly Miller
(in heart/in spirit)
Email: jemiller*at*tampabay.rr.com

Help CURE HD Greeting Cards
[community.webshots.com]
July 21, 2001 03:09PM
Hi. I know of 3 support groups that may be close to you. Hershey, Norristown, or Lehigh Valley. The Chapter Office numbers are: 610-277-1006 for the Hershey or Norristown Support Group and 610-377-5599 for the Lehigh Valley. An AT-Risk Group is also starting up in Norristown. They all have meetings coming up soon.
July 23, 2001 09:14AM
I live in the far southern York Co., Pa. town of New Freedom, just on the md. line. There is a support group in Towson, Md. which might be a little far for you. I have set up a non-profit to provide research dollars. If you are interested in connecting with a positive person, feel free to contact me at above email address. My cell phone is 410-299-1588. I knnow there are a few other positives and at risks in this area, perhaps we can start our own support. Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login