Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

healed?

Posted by Jake 
Jake
healed?
June 12, 2001 03:05PM
What to do. I was faith healed, and I saw/felt HD leave. It was a powerful energy (pyhsical & spiritual) thru a faith healer. He asked me if I was a Christian and If I believe in Jesus, and I said yes I am and yes I do and then a physical\spiritual pounding in my chest began (where my HD was centered) when he laid his hands on my head and chest and after his healing prayer the pounding stopped (HD was gone I thought). My life long anxiety was gone too as that too was a symptom of my HD I thought (it is still gone...I am even off my meds). The uncontrollable moves went completely a way too BUT only for approx. 2 weeks and now they are back again and stronger than ever. Nothing prevents them and many times I know right before it is going to happen. My whole body jerks or just my leg jerks. As soon as I have had my long term care insurance and life insurance long enough I will get tested for my kids sake. Right now again I feel like I am close to the end again as my long tenure with HD seems to be back again.
RE: healed?
June 13, 2001 09:48AM
Hi Jake,Sometimes in our desperation with this disease I think we will try all avenues for relief, Just remember Jake, Don't let the failure of the Faith Healer Steal your Faith away, HD is an insidious Beast, but it will be Beaten in time,Hang in there for your Family Jake, your Children need you. Keep your Faith Jake,But also just as important, Don't lose faith in Yourself.
Jake
June 16, 2001 10:19AM
Ron, Thanks! Jake
Dee
June 27, 2001 12:40PM
Jake,
So sorry about your battle with HD. I had to respond to your post because my Mom (who is late stage HD) also had hands laid on her by a faith healer. She also felt better and said her symptoms stopped, but they too, returned. I think this demonstrates the strong faith that you must have, but it is a placebo effect. Unfortunately, Mom went back into denial about having HD after the faith healing and insisted that she be retested.... the result of the test showed her CAG count the same.
Ron has given some great counsel about keeping your faith despite your symptoms returning. I personally have issues about organized religion (which I will not get into on this board), but I do believe faith in God is neccessary for healing ourselves from within.
My best to you, Jake.
Dee
Jake
June 29, 2001 11:30AM
Hi Dee,Thank you for the nice words. Jake

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login