For HD families ... by HD families

My husband

Posted by Barb 
Re: My husband
February 18, 2010 06:03PM
My thoughts and prayers with you bohth.
February 19, 2010 03:41AM
Thank you everyone. Dan was doing much better today, and they were able to lower some of the blood thinning meds today, and he's going to come home on saturday. Dan told me to just stay home tomorrow, and take it easy. He hasnt been able to smoke in the hospital, and theyve told him he cant smoke again, ever, so they've given him a nicotine patch to help him out a bit. So that's it, he's there alone, and i'm here alone. I think he was very fortunate how quickly they got him to the other hospital, they ran him into the angioplasty room, they were waiting for him, and they were able to fix things, without having to have heart surgery...i think he was very lucky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 04:22AM by Barb.
February 19, 2010 06:42AM
Glad to hear he's coming home tomorrow! I hope both of you can get some rest today; sounds like you've handled things just about as well as anyone could, and a little bit of grocery-swapping sounds like a good (and sweet!) idea, but do try to get some rest too.

Just in case you get this before going to the grocery store - I've heard one of the American Insurance companies (ie: not the hospital/doc) that CHICKEN is particularly good for heart-healing, right after a heart attack??? One of those things that cannot hurt, right?
February 19, 2010 09:07AM
Barb,

You might ask his doctor if e-cigarettes would be OK. They produce a vapor from liquid nicotine, but none of the other bad things in tobacco smoke. I quit regular cigarettes about a year ago in favor of these and my doctor says my lungs are in great shape. The sensation is very close to real smoking

They're far cheaper than regular cigarettes and safer, since there is nothing burning. A battery powers a vaporizer attached to a cartridge with nicotine. My supplier is www.e-smokeytreats.com The 510 model is probably the most popular in the e-smoking world.

Will

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 09:08AM by Will.
February 19, 2010 08:16PM
Barb, I'm glad Dan is coming home tomorrow. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are doing the right things by getting everything ready for him at home!

Take care,

Patty
February 19, 2010 08:23PM
Well he's not coming home tomorrow now. They're keeping him until at least Sunday now, because he's having some kind of palpitations now. Dan phoned me a little while ago and told me, and that was all he knew about it. I will phone the nurses station tonight and find out how he's doing, and see if they can explain this to me a bit more. The doctor this morning did tell him that sometimes this happens after an angio, but he didnt tell him, like, how dangerous is this, what can this mean or anything. So, thats all i know for now. I was so tired from last two days, that i slept the whole day today, until a few mins ago. So im doing laundry now, and i'll wait and get groceries tomorrow now. So just gonna take it easy tonight.
February 19, 2010 10:11PM
I keep thinking about both of you.
Dusty
February 20, 2010 12:05AM
Thank you dusty, and everyone smiling smiley Dan phoned me tonight and said he's doing much better, and they've even taken out all his IV's tonight. I was really lonely for him last night, but im much better now smiling smiley
February 20, 2010 11:03AM
Oh Barb!! I haven't been checking in for a while and just read the news about your husband. I am so glad all is going well now. Please be sure to look after yourself as well, going thru extremely stressful and emotional events takes a toll on the average person, going thru all that while having HD on top of it all, no wonder you slept for a whole day!!

Thinking of the both of you and wishing for a speedy recovery!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Love,

Deborah
db
February 21, 2010 12:20PM
Barb , I hope you and your family are doing well . I thought I might tell you about my Granddad ; he was a big smoker , one smoke right after the other . He had to give up smoking in his 70's . He whittled himself a wooden cigarette , painted white with a red tip . He smoked that cigarette for a year . He was sucessful . I was so surprised that he was able to quit . He had smoked since he was a kid . I hope for all the best for your hubby , you and your family . db
February 21, 2010 06:55PM
Thanks everyone. He was supposed to come home yesterday, then today, but he's still having palpitations, so maybe tomorrow. So guess what i found out today??? Yesterday i went in to see dan, i said, has your mom been bringing you any food???? Oh no honey, she wouldnt do that. Yeah right bull!!!! She told me on the phone today, shes been taking poor danny in food, cus she just feels so sorry for him, theyre trying to starve him to de4ath!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, i am so frigin pissed! So i, me with hd, had to phone the nurses station, and tell them that. They are giving him normal portions, what is heart healthy, and they were mad too. Sooo, when his mom comes in, they will be watching for any food! Should i have to do this??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His friggin mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah ive had to put up with this bulolshit all my married years, oh her poor little danny!!!! Well F off lady!!! Oh and dan waasnt feeling wqell this morning, felt like he was going to pass out he told me on the phone. I said did you tell the nurse??? He says, no, cus i wanted to come home! So i had to tell the nurse that too. I'm not worried, i am pissed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 04:26AM by Barb.
MRO
February 21, 2010 09:44PM
Barb sorry you have deal with MIL too, hope Dan gets better and back home soon!
February 21, 2010 10:45PM
Barb,

I think heart palpitations are quite common, but maybe after a heart attack it's different. I've had them for 4 years now. I've had two ekg's and an echo and the doctors tell me I'm fine.

I'm sorry that you are having MIL issues. If mine were alive I know that she would be the same way. I hope that Dan is able to come home soon.
February 21, 2010 11:03PM
Wish Dan a speedy recovery Barb.Lots of love.Gordon xx
February 21, 2010 11:36PM
Thank you Gordon. Judy, they've told us some palpitations are normal for some people, but they say his are showing up on his ekg as not normal
February 22, 2010 05:36AM
Barb,

Wishing Dan a speedy recovery so he can come home to you! Be Sure to take care of yourself as well!

Francine
February 22, 2010 06:45PM
Barb,

I'm sorry that he's having trouble. Did they say how they are going to treat them?
February 23, 2010 12:04PM
Barb, Mrs Bonos joins me in sending best wishes for a speedy recovery & return home to Dan. Chin up and lets hope everything levels out quickly.
February 23, 2010 03:56PM
Thank you bonos smiling smiley
February 23, 2010 03:57PM
Dan's coming home today smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 03:58PM by Barb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login