Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

An Interview

Posted by Rheea 
An Interview
February 16, 2001 08:42PM
Hello. I am a student at McQueen High School in Nevada. For my biology class I am doing research on Huntington's. I was wondering if anyone would give me the honor of interviewing them via e-mail if this sad illness has effected them physically or emotionally. Please e-mail me at Juno89533*at*aol.com. Thank you for your time.
~Rheea
Outreach - read me smiling smiley
February 17, 2001 11:05PM
Hello, I am a sophomore at Dickinson College in PA and my father was diagnosed with HD when I was in 7th grade. After battling this disease for years, he passed away a little over a year ago. I remember when my parents first told me about this disease, I was too young to understand exactly what was going on and why everything was happening. I went to the support groups that HDSA provides for families coping and for those at risk, but I found that even those support groups were more targeted for adults than for children and teenagers. I am writing to all of you to see if there is any child or teenager who is just looking to talk to someone who will listen and offer a helping hand. I want to help in any way that I can for anyone who feels alone and just wants a friend to lean on. Please e-mail me if you or anyone you know wants to talk. If a big/little program is more of what you have in mind, I live in Massachusetts when I'm not in school, so something could be worked out! I look forward to hearing from someone and wish you all a fantastic day! Take care and keep smiling.
Katie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login