Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Possible Hope

Posted by Paula Chalker 
Possible Hope
October 30, 2000 10:02AM
Hello my name is Paula,
My husband has hd and we have been in depression for about six mths. We also have been praying alot because we serve a God of hope.Ask and hear and seek and you shall find. Well we recieved some information that gave us an glimpse of hope. My pastors wife gave me a name of a women with a awesome testimony. Let me tell you alittle about her.
Her name is linda,sixty yrs. of age and she has has hd ten yrs. She also has been on five different meds in that time.(nothing that helped). She was unable to most things by herself,she had to hire someone to help with the activities of daily living. She couldn't drive or write her name or even dail a phone. Also she had a big problem with swallowing and talking. She mentioned also that her eye sight kept getting worse,just like my husbands. Anyways the devastation that comes with hd was so depressing she had no will to live. Infact her brother committed suicide when he found he had it. And she said most battle with the same ideas. Well oneday someone introduced her to something that could change her course and it couldn't hurt her in the least and did not counteract her meds at all. Well she has been continuing with this for 15mths now and she said within
the first mth she felt change in her body for the better. As of now she is bathing herself and writing again and also her abilities to drive have returned with no problems. Also her the chorea has come to a halt. Her swallowing has returened to normal with no problems and her abilities to talk are restored. I was so excited when I talked to her I could hardly believe what she was saying. She started crying and said there is hope and we heard this because God heard our cry. Well I called a few people to verify this and all did.
My husband and I are starting this week with the hope of a new tomorrow. I won't say what the product is unless people are interested but I will keep you all posted. Most people have good reports with this but there are some that have no results. Why some and not others I don't know.Maybe it has to do with faith,I don't know but I do know we have nothing to loose and a future to gain. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks
RE: Possible Hope
October 31, 2000 10:27AM
That all sounds too good to be true. If there was a God why would he let some get well and others not just on basis of prayer? That always bugs me when people say our prayers made this person well, when just as nice people pray for their health and don't get well. If faith has to do with getting well, why are the most loving faithful people not getting well? Even good loving truthful individuals who have never done any harm to anyone may get a disease and get well from it or suffer from it, and die from it. If there is a God, that's God's way. But even people who don't believe in a God can be good loving truthful and never do anyone any harm and still get well or not get well. I am not interested in your possible cure, not till it's been tested scientifically and tested on many people. All the best to you and your husband -- just wanted to air my thoughts, too.
November 01, 2000 06:47AM
You really misunderstood what I said. I didn't say this is a cure! Also Prayer and faith are part of the factor I'am talking about! What I'am sharing is one women story about a product that has worked for her that has brought the manifestations of hd to a halt in her life. She hasn't had an MRI to confirm anything like a cure in her brain. I just shared what she has shared with me. I got so excited that I wanted to share with everyone! Also I said my husband is trying this product for himself and has just started! Anything that sounds that great he wants to try. He wants to live and will grab at anything that has promise. And if doesn't work,he hasn't lost anything and if it does he will gain independence. I'm truly sorry you have such a negative attitude towards hope. We will and are looking and searching all the time and will never stop! Sorry if our excitement offended you and truly that wasn't our intend. We want everyone with hd to have the same info. we recieved when it ??mes with such possibilities.
November 01, 2000 09:55AM
Paula, I have hope too that someday HD will be curable. I also have tried things, such as the COQ10 tablets, even though they haven't finished the study of them yet. I still take one each day just in case they help! It just sounds fishy about the woman's story of no longer having all the HD problems. Good luck to you. Debbie.
November 01, 2000 10:41AM
Paula--I would like to know the name of the product you are talking about. I am 53 yrs old, was diagnosed with HD in 1/99. I had to leave my state job on disability retirement last year. I heard about the EPA trials in England & Scotland on Jerry Lampson's Huntington Disease Lighthouse website. I started taking fish oil capsules with Omega-3 & EPA about 3 wks ago. Is this what the lady told you & your husband about? Thanks.
November 02, 2000 07:26AM
My husband and I have shared with a women and her awesome results. I'am going to call her and ask if I could give her name and phone number for others to hear also.
The products are produced by a company called Mannatech. No they are not herbs!!!
They are high tech food suppliments. These products are so scientifically validated they are now eligible for reimbursement through a first-of-kind Major Medical Health Plan---Mannacare!
Mannatech In. Provides three unique formaulas for those who want to support cellular communication in a way no other products can.
No,I'm not selling the stuff,just passing on the info. We have recieved. If the women with the awesome testimony will allow me to post her full story or her number,I certainly will. The Mannatech info. # is (1-800-832-0797).
I will keep you all posted on the results my husband experiences as we go.
God Bless
November 02, 2000 08:40AM
I found theres alot of trouble with this phone #. If so e-mail me and I will try to get through for you.
Marsha
I don't think so!
November 02, 2000 09:11AM
I am sorry to rain on everyone's parade but I wouldn't let this company's products anywhere near my husband!

[www.hcrc.org]
[www.mlmwatch.org]
[www.mlmwatch.org]
RE: I don't think so!
November 02, 2000 01:56PM
Hey marsha,
I couldn't find any of these web sites?
Everyone one I tried said it couldn't be found. Paula
Marsha
November 02, 2000 03:09PM
I just tried them again and they are all there. Highlight the whole line, copy it and paste into your location/address window and then hit <enter>..
November 02, 2000 04:26PM
I think that HD needs to be understood as a slowly progressing disease. There are good days and there are bad days, but there are many, many days. Every one of those days can be filled with hope because there is so much being discovered on the road to a cure.

Taking any medication at all and wanting so much for that medication to work can give quite a powerful placebo effect. I think if it works...great, placebo effect or not. Even so, hopes should not be misdirected toward fantasy. If that happens, then you risk being disallusioned about hope and God, too.

God will be with you through all of this, Paula. I wouldn't try to second guess how He will direct your life from this point forward. Just give Him a blank slate and let Him fill in the details. That takes a strong faith, but it sounds like you have the right stuff. I will be thinking about you and your husband. Please keep us updated from time to time.

salt
November 13, 2000 10:24PM
i am interested to hear of the product that you speak of. My mother has recently been diagnosed with HD. W are all devestated as I am sure you can imagine. We are searching for anything positive that we can do. My dad is an Anglican minister, we have faith in God's work.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Lesley.

Ps We are in Australia, there are very few Australian sites. This one seems to be a good one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login