Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

HD legislation

Posted by Karen W. 
HD legislation
October 15, 2000 07:22AM
Hello everyone!

I am a college student in search of some information for a research paper I am doing about HD legislation. I have HD in my family and I am getting my degree in long term health care administration. So far I have gathered information from individuals in Minnesota, New Jersey and Connecticut who have actually participated in enacting HD legislation in their state. I would also like to include in my paper some HD families experiences of fighting leigslation for HD funding. Naturally I would keep the families names out of my paper and write only what I have been given permission to write. If anyone has any information they would like to share that could assist me in my research paper, I would appreciate it. Hopefully in the future after I have achieved my academic goals, I could use these experiences to assist in establishing HD legislation here in Pennsylvania. Thanks!

Karen W.
RE: HD legislation
October 16, 2000 02:46PM
Karen,
I live in Arizona and am not aware of any HD legislation that exists here. However, I would be very, very interested in what has been done in the other states you mentioned so maybe we can look at doing the same thing here! Would you mind sending me information on the other states that you have? Thank you for your help....Phil phardt1*at*home.com
RE: HD legislation
October 17, 2000 07:49AM
Phil,

I would be happy to mail you copies of the bills I have from Minnesota, New Jersey, and Connecticut. I would e-mail them but I have not purchased a scanner yet. Also I would be happy to e-mail you a copy of my paper when I have finished it. The paper is due in early December.

Karen W.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login