Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My sister's run for HD

Posted by Barb 
My sister's run for HD
March 23, 2015 10:08PM
My sister Laurie is doing her annual run for HD, and here is a link for her page:
[huntingtonsociety.kintera.org]
My dad passed away just over a year ago from HD, he was almost 82. My dad didn't even get hd until his mid 70's, and his first four years of hd, he really enjoyed taking the bus to his hd support group. My dad did really well with his hd until his last year or two, when panic attacks set in bad. My dad was a member of mensa, meaning he had a very high IQ, and so having trouble with his memory was very frustrating for him, but he loved his family, and my mom took care of him at home until his last few weeks. My sister was a huge part of helping my parents out. I wasn't able to visit my dad in his last year, because of my concussion, but all my sisters, but especially laurie, made many trips to Vancouver to spend weeks at a time with my parents. My sister laurie is my mom's biggest help right now too, continuing to come into town for weeks at a time, to help my mom through all of this. My sister's HD run page has a beautiful photo of her and Dad, just a few months before my Dad passed away. Please enjoy the photo.

PS The link I gave up above wasn't working proper, so I just fixed it smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2015 02:25AM by Barb.
Re: My sister's run for HD
April 12, 2015 01:07PM
My sister has raised $750.00 for her run so far, very proud and excited for her. Way to go team Okanagan smiling smiley
April 14, 2015 12:20AM
Awe, thank you Will smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
April 14, 2015 01:54PM
You're quite welcome! If anyone from outside Canada would like to contribute to Laurie's race, it's easy to use a credit card on her page above. It will contribute in $CAN and make the conversion on your credit card.

Good work Laurie!

Will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login