Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Child Like

Posted by pal 
pal
Child Like
November 20, 2014 05:03PM
Hello everyone , has been crazy 6 months my husband is on a trial medication for movements and it has been a roller coaster, but soemthing has really changed last 6 weeks he has become very child like and sensitive , alomost like a 10 year old is this normal for HD , he is 52 , he shows he watches are very different and inmature thanks for any imput
Re: Child Like
November 25, 2014 02:42PM
As the disease progresses, cognitive processing slows down and it becomes harder to follow TV shows and movies. As a result, some people with the disease switch to watching more 'formula' kinds of entertainment so they don't get lost. My first husband started watching more action movies rather than complex mysteries where you have to following fleeting clues. If you watch an Arnold Schwartzenegger movie, you know that he is the good guy, the bad guys look like bad guys and there will be chase scenes and fights. There are no plot subtleties.

I have noticed that there is something of a reversion to childhood among some people with HD patients. This is a result of increasing impulsiveness, difficulty in reading the emotional responses of others, impairment in the ability to gate emotions, and difficulty with the nuances of relationships.
pal
Re: Child Like
November 25, 2014 04:39PM
Great response thank you and wish you a great week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login