Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Insurance Issues????

Posted by heatherw6 
Insurance Issues????
July 26, 2014 01:19PM
Life has been overwhelmingly busy and some days it is hard to keep up, but I have a quick question. My husband the plan ahead kind of person he is, which is really good I have him, because I am not. I am a very go with the flow and things will get done kind of person. Anyway, he even put our house on the market because he wants something that will be easier to get around in later on when I get bad, and a lot of stairs just don't seem to be ideal. So he was getting long term care insurance, to help with impending medical bills and I got turned down because I have been passing out since I was 5 and DR's cant figure out why. Has anyone had any luck getting insurance that is affordable and will help? Through who? I am hoping now that I have seen how many people have low blood pressure and pass out too on here and have a starting point to see if that is what it is, so I can have some test done. Hopefully, if that gets diagnosed the insurance company wont see me as to much of a risk, but for now my husband is beyond freaking out. He is a planner and a doer and things have to be done right now or life cannot function, so he is very stressed. I am hoping for a diagnosis after 24 years with the info I learned on here, but incase not, any suggestions?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login