Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Testing Options when non-symptomatic?

Posted by mpeters 
Testing Options when non-symptomatic?
May 29, 2014 09:14AM
I am not new to the world of HD. I took quite a long break from this site when my mother finally passed away at the end of 2007. I wanted tested then, but the only options in my area will test when a patient is symptomatic. I can't find resources around here that test with no symptoms.

I'm in a place in my life where I'd like to plan my retirement and I certainly do not see the point if I'm not going to have one to enjoy. I already live every day to enrich my kid's lives as if it's the last day I'll see them. My mom taught me that. I've never thought about having a future, just hoping to get my kids grown before they had to deal with it.

I'm 35 years old and I am no longer ok with living the next 10-15 years unknown what it holds for me.

I am looking for options or resourcing where I can go for testing.

Thank you,

Melissa Peters
Omaha, NE
Re: Testing Options when non-symptomatic?
May 29, 2014 04:02PM
Hey Melissa, good to see you smiling smiley I've wondered how you're doing. I have never, never heard of anyone having to be symptomatic in order to be tested, never. So someone there has got their wires crossed, and I'm sure Marsha or others will be able to give you specific info. I'm glad you're in a place in your mind to be tested now, I think that's a good place to get too. Good to see you smiling smiley (((hugs)))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login