Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Toes

Posted by greeneyes 
Toes
April 13, 2014 11:59AM
Husband has problem with toe movements. Big toe and second toe constantly moving, sometimes causing irritation and/or blisters between the toes. He wears socks to sleep in to try to minimize this, however they are not working. Has anyone experienced this problem, and found a solution? I 'googled' oriental toe socks, however they were either for all five toes, or the ones that only divided betwenn the first two toes, were ankle length. He'd rather have over the calf because any shorter are eventually "worked off" from the movements.
Re: Toes
April 13, 2014 06:07PM
My husband's toes do the same thing. They are constantly moving. I have to keep his nails very short and ensure that there are no rough spots on them. If there are then it creates cuts. He actually moves them so much that he has created holes in his shoes. When he was more mobile he would walk around in bare feet. This made it easier and the toes weren't squished. Now that he's not very mobile he wears sandals with strong velcro straps that keep them in place. This way his toes can move without hitting anything.

Lisa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login