Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

looking for answers

Posted by heatherw6 
looking for answers
March 27, 2014 06:42AM
Can you guys please explain what your body felt like before the twitches actually started. Before they were very noticeable, did you notice anything different about your body? I am feeling something weird and getting nervous. If you could put anything at all that you felt into words.

Thanks
Re: looking for answers
March 27, 2014 09:41PM
I asked my husband your question and read him your description in your other post about feeling like restless legs. He basically said that was a perfect description of what the chorea feels like. The chorea doesn't necessarily mean you are getting worse quickly. It is a side nuisance of Huntington's. You already know that you have Huntingtons from your bloodwork. Anxiety and stress and sleep depravation (which you have referenced) all make it worse, so the more worried and scared you are getting the more out of control your body gets. Prior to getting on Xenazine (for movement) he couldnt even turn the tv on because the noise created too much excitment to his limbs. He had to stop therapy because the excitement of trying to not move made him move to the point that he was unable to control the movements enough to get anything out if it. Since the proper meds have finally been figured out, you wouldnt even know there is anything going on with him.
There are meds that can help you with this. You have so much going on right now, its no wonder this is going on with you. Please talk about whatever you are concerned about with the Dr. Tomorrow. Write down your questions before you go, so you wont forget anything you are concerned about in the moment.
I am praying for a productive meeting tomorrow!
March 29, 2014 08:15PM
Thanks! I was hoping it was stress or even insanity, but any information is nice to hear.
April 01, 2014 01:26PM
I'm curious about answers to your question as well.

In the beginning there's that feeling of needing to compare things to others to kinda guage your own symptoms. I 'get it'; I do it! But it's hard tho because people with HD can have such a range of differences of symptoms at onset...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 08:36PM by Minou2229.
April 03, 2014 08:12PM
Yeah I hate not knowing what is going on and what is the cause of everything cus I just stress everytime I feel something ????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login