Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

G'day!

Posted by peterBris 
G'day!
July 24, 2013 11:18PM
Yep, I'm still alive and kicking. It's almost 7 years since Norma passes away...how time flies. To those who don't know me, Norma was my wife of almost 40 years, and passed away in January 2007. To those that do know me, I wish you well.

But life does go on, and I have moved on. I do have a lady in my life and we spend a good deal of time travelling the world. To date I have no known ailments, and take no medication, and even though I don't exercise, I seem to keep fit...lucky I suppose. Also after life with HD, I've learned not to take life too seriously...in a strange way HD taught me that.

Jl, Ron C, Dusty, Eric, Dave, Fred, Barb, and others that I can't remember, I hope that you're all "travelling ok". And a special thanks to Steve and for keeping my username in the data base.

My daughter will be 39 in a few weeks time, and to date isn't showing any signs of HD. She has decided to take the path of her mum and not get tested, to cross that bridge if and when she gets to it.

My grand daughter Bonny, is now 18 years old and is attending university, studying Criminology of all things, although she will major in English. Zane is my grandson, and he will be 12 years old in October, he is being home schooled, and at the rate he is going will finish grade 12 by the time he's 15. I don't know what he will do then.

Anyway good people, I thought I'd drop in to say hello, I was quite surprised to find my name still in the data base. Thanks again Steve. Take it easy...peter.
Re: G'day!
July 25, 2013 02:53PM
Hi Peter, good to see you again, and glad to hear you are enjoying your life. Thanks for getting back to us.
July 25, 2013 04:02PM
Thanks for thinking about us, Peter! I have been wondering how you are doing and am glad to learn that you are enjoying life. Steve and I are married (as of last year) and very happy. My daughter tested negative for the gene and now we have a one year old grandson who brings us great joy.
July 31, 2013 03:03PM
Well Marsha, I'm glad that Steve has made an honest woman of you at last!! And Steve..."good on ya mate".

I'm pleased to hear that your daughter has come up negative. And enjoy your grandson...take it easy...peter.
July 31, 2013 09:40PM
Hello Peter, nice to hear from you and that your life is going good! Love to hear that bit of news!

Take care,

Carla
August 17, 2013 10:14AM
So nice to hear from you Peter...It has been way too many years. Am sorry to hear Norma passed away almost 7 years ago. It will be 7 years for my Mom too in January. I am still doing extremely well especially given the fact I was diagnosed 15 years ago. My oldest sister is now in care though and I have lost lots of relatives and friends to this illness. I have been writing on the hdac/hdlf for almost ten years too. Time sure is flying.
I am glad your family is doing so well. Take good care my friend.
Kelly B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login