Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Mike has an article!

Posted by Marsha 
Mike has an article!
December 29, 2012 02:33PM
I asked Mike to write an article about his experiences in getting a diagnosis and he did. I didn't have to edit a word. I think that a lot of people will identify with how persistent he had to be to finally find out what was wrong.

Thanks Mike!

Click here: My HD Journey, by Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2012 02:56PM by SteveI.
Re: Mike has an article!
December 29, 2012 06:17PM
Mike,

Great article! Sorry for the reason you found us but we are happy to have your sensitive insight on so many issues that we confront daily!

Carla
December 30, 2012 03:49PM
Excellent piece! You're a very good writer, Mike.

Will
December 30, 2012 08:33PM
Thanks guys. It was actually a pleasure to write about my experience. As you may know, there was a number of errors but I worked them out I guess. All of you are such inspirations. Each day is something new, we don't know from hour to hour what the day will be like. I had a friend who is long passed from renal failure that had the best attitude. He is an inspiration. His favorite thing to say was that you know it's bad when you awake and know it's the best you'll feel all day. I'm not there but there was a lot of wisdom in those words. I didn't know I would understand it in the time.

My hope is to help others with what I have at this point in life.

Mike
December 31, 2012 10:23PM
Thanks Mike, it was great to hear your history, and like I tell my husband all the time dont you ever forget it that we love you and we will take care of you as you took care of us because we love you and always will.
January 06, 2013 08:04PM
Thank you so much. I read and re-read this and can't believe I put it in words. There are some very special people who were involved with my diagnosis. They get the credit.

My biggest worry is that those around me will send me to pasture without a fight. Love is deep and unconditional. I am surrounded by strong individuals and I want to hurt no one.

Mike
January 11, 2013 01:43PM
Nice job Mike! I think you and I got on this site about the same time. I too feel its the best space for the transition into the "knowing" thing. You did good!
January 13, 2013 10:17AM
Huh?????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login