Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Is it worth getting medicare?

Posted by keving 
Is it worth getting medicare?
June 22, 2012 08:31PM
Is it worth getting medicare the 100 premium will only leave me with 200 a month now I am in Colorado and with peak vista I already get really low cost medical care almost free.

[www.gofundme.com]
Re: Is it worth getting medicare?
June 22, 2012 08:57PM
Why do think you only have 3 years left?You look the picture of health in that picture....and you need a car so I'm assuming you can still drive. You also write well and sound independent still. Admittedly I don't know you personally or your journey with this illness.... but that was my impression from what you wrote.
June 22, 2012 09:02PM
I am just basing it off all the other people in my family developed in 30's died at 40 or before. Anyway I am not going to be in a nursing home so I will end things before that.
June 22, 2012 09:32PM
Kevin, i wasn't too fond of your previous posts on the forum, telling dusty to f off. Having said that, i'm also not fond of your new web page, saying that you have hd and only get 300 a month on disability, and if people will donate a car to you and money. First of all, i have hd, and i will not drive with hd. My husband died recently, so i, like many others, also live on 300 a month for living expenses. That's how much i and many others have to live on after rent and utilities, and i do just fine. I take the bus, i handle my money well, and i get by just fine each month, and am able to enjoy my life on the income i have. Are you allowed to make extra money like this on disability? Here in canada all extra income has to be reported. Will you be doing that? Hey, if you get people to donate to you, great, all the more power to you, but i don't care for the particular reasons for this donation, or that you told dusty to f off, and now are here to display your web page, that's all
June 22, 2012 10:42PM
Are you able to get social security? My thought is that if you are having symptoms, driving might not be a good idea. My husband had numerous accidents before we ever knew he had HD. I'm not saying that to he mean, just for your and everyone else's safety.
June 25, 2012 08:56AM
Keving, You talk about " ending it " You could have many years in which to enjoy life before symptoms present themselvs, maybe some counseling would help?

Ron C
June 26, 2012 10:08PM
Kevin brings up a valid point that is not often discussed... The right to die with dignity. Those of us with HD markers should be allowed to put in place advance directives indicating how much pain and sorrow we are interested in enduring/ inflicting upon our loved ones. I, too, plan to end my life before I become a shadow of myself and a burden on my loved ones. What kind of an existence is it to live in a home, unable to recognize loved ones, let alone control one's own god damn motherfucking bladder!?!? How much humiliation is necessary before we, as a people, recognize the right of an individual to decide when our own lives are over?
August 02, 2012 02:58PM
IsaTheInstigator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin brings up a valid point that is not often
> discussed... The right to die with dignity. Those
> of us with HD markers should be allowed to put in
> place advance directives indicating how much pain
> and sorrow we are interested in enduring/
> inflicting upon our loved ones. I, too, plan to
> end my life before I become a shadow of myself and
> a burden on my loved ones. What kind of an
> existence is it to live in a home, unable to
> recognize loved ones, let alone control one's own
> god damn motherfucking bladder!?!? How much
> humiliation is necessary before we, as a people,
> recognize the right of an individual to decide
> when our own lives are over?

On the topic i think that the insurance is important to get medicare especially is very affordable. Added to that I also have to agree here with IsaTheInstigator, my mother died last year and a few months before she did, all she was speaking about is how much heart ache shes put the family through and thats all she thinks about day in and day out expecially when we come to visit her.

Each of us deal with illness differently and through illness some change some more noticable than others and it comes down to the mere fact on how we thought of that stage of life would be.
August 05, 2012 09:12AM
We need to spend if we will get medicare or any insurance, but we should check the background of where we will get it because there are many scams regarding with this thing. internal medicine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2012 09:16AM by floralacy.
August 07, 2012 08:31PM
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2012 07:39AM by mikee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login