Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Need help

Posted by nhp 
nhp
Need help
June 02, 2012 09:11PM
Hi, everybody.i hardly post but always reading for last 2 or 3 years regularly. sometimes three four times in a day. imy son has hd . he cannot do anything at all himself, we have to feed him bathe him everything last six month his condition getting very bad, having difficulty to understand what he is saying. he is on abilify ativan valium for long time he is taking depakote for obsessive. but its not helping much. his only goal to find girl and get married. we taking him to psycologist every week . but not much difference . we cannot make him understand that with his condition its gone be impossible to find. does anybody had same problem? any suggestion to explain him . anything help him will be apriceated. its getting vey hard for him and for us sometime he spent three four hour on computer doing nothing. he cannot keep his head straight. hurting his neck.
Re: Need help
June 02, 2012 10:59PM
NHP, how old is your son? My son (33) also struggles with this issue, it is so hard because you would like nothing better than for them to have the life they so desperately want. My son was married and he misses his life with his wife.
Our sons only want the things that every young man wants, I know I wish it were different for him, but it is not. Heartbreaking.
Are you telling his doctors about this? They may be able to help with a med change.

Take care,

Carla
nhp
Re: Need help
June 03, 2012 02:12AM
He is 30 year old. doctor knows about it they said nothing much they can do about it. its the age. he is been on lots of diff med so they dont wants to give any more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login