Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

checking in

Posted by klivin 
checking in
December 22, 2011 12:32PM
its been a while since I've posted...I follow posts, but have been trying to keep my head in the game of school, kids, work, etc...sometimes the spector of HD in my life becomes so overhwelming I can focus on nothing else. I had to get back to the business of living the life I have now. It's a challenge. Since I last posted, Ken has started school for drug and alcohol counseling, got a B on his first exam and will be starting an internship after the new year. We both sometimes worry that the disease may cut this dream short, but neither of us see a reason to stop moving forward. keep that brain active! Our last appointment at the COE we were told by the neuro to come back in 9 rather than 6 months. To be happy, well, sometimes seems to be an exercise in futlity with this disease....but I am trying. My twin SIL's are both symptommatic--one more cognitive and one more physical...I still as a lay person don't see alot but my one SIL can no longer text and the other has memory issues and my husband has begun the discussion with her about getting her driving tested because she is having difficulty. We will all be together for Christams Eve...I do a traditional Italian Christmas Eve....and everyone will be together once again. I cherish the time we have together and look forward to it every year. Somedays, I look forward and panic...and other days I look for hope. Hope that there will be treatment or a cure. As we enter the holiday season, my hope for all of us is just that. Merry Christmas everyone.
Re: checking in
December 23, 2011 07:31AM
Nice to "see" you. I'm also looking forward to our Italian family's Christmas Eve celebration. Hope you enjoy yours too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login