Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

a year gone by...still hurting

Posted by Jamie 
a year gone by...still hurting
February 08, 2011 08:58AM
To sit in a room and not know the touch of someone that u love so much...to wait just hoping their words you'll hear, of how they love an hold u dear...to see anquished lips, where a smile should be..would build an ever lonely darkness in me...
Then her eyes, they would shine like stars in the sky, they would follow me as I walked by, focused on me wherever I'd go, steadfast even while her body did throw.. It was through those eyes that I felt her love, sometimes I feel it now though she has gone above...

we were 17 when we started dating in 1983...we were married 20years
everything is a blur now. conversations long forgotten, promises kept, promises broken.where did it go? the time? the memories? its hard to recall them...hard to recall so much now..except those eyes.

I miss you so

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 03:34PM by Jamie.
Re: a year gone by...still hurting
February 08, 2011 10:06AM
Hi Jamie, beautiful heartfelt words. I understand perfectly as I go through my third year of mourning for my husband. The first year is the hardest, and then every anniversary brings out the pain again.
February 08, 2011 12:03PM
thank you Alice...
February 08, 2011 12:41PM
Just lovely.You were both lucky to of found each other.xxxxxx
February 09, 2011 08:01PM
Jamie,

That was a beautiful tribute to your wife.

Carla
February 17, 2011 06:46PM
Jamie- this breaks my heart. Life is for sure unfair to some people. One foot in front of the other, and keep breathing. . . grief is crushing and at times overwhelming. But I just loved this poem/write up of your wife. It really shows the love and devotion that you shared on earth and will continue to share now in another way, but still a very special one (special way I meant). Take care of yourself
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login