Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Maggie and Tony"s Anniversary

Posted by db 
db
Maggie and Tony"s Anniversary
February 04, 2010 07:58AM
Have a Happy " 48th " Anniversary on Friday Feb. 5th . I hope you have a great day . All my best . dbBest wishes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2010 10:02AM by db.
Re: Maggie and Tony"s Anniversary
February 04, 2010 08:40AM
Happy anniversary to you Maggie and Tony.

Stacy-NJ
February 04, 2010 08:50AM
Happy Anniversary to you both.

Brett T
February 04, 2010 08:58AM
Happy Anniversary wedding

MJGarcia
February 04, 2010 09:02AM
I used to save Subway STAMPS and for our anniversaries we we had free food for lunch. I wore my wedding dress to go out for dinner which I made so it was a nice white dress of swiss broderie until I ripped it on the knee. We always went to great restaurants for dinner. Hope you nave as much fun with Tony today.
February 04, 2010 10:33AM
I had never met Tony?s parents, but his mother raged when she learned that he was dating me. She would not speak to Tony. I didn?t know it then, but it was HD in action. So we decided to have a very small wedding. We were in college.

We had planned to be married in the Episcopal Church but they had a ?cooling off? period and if we had waited for that time to pass, Tony would have been in the middle of finals so we opted for a Justice of the Peace. We arrived to find the JP plowing his garden and he did the wedding in his dirty overalls.

Tony and I laughed all during the ceremony because the guy kept forgetting the words and had to back up an repeat himself. At the end he told us we could ?back up and sit down on the couch? rather than saying, ?you may kiss the bride.?

On that evening Tony borrowed a car from his roommate and came over to my apartment. I had found some really cheap shrimp and we ate shrimp and a green salad before we went to the JP?s house. We have had shrimp and a salad every year since then. For the last few years we have had it for lunch with our employees and will again this year. Thanks for all the well wishes.
jl
February 04, 2010 01:37PM
I LOVE traditions!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Say hi to Tony for me!

jl
February 04, 2010 01:53PM
I love a love story!
Happy Anniversary to you both!

Carla
February 04, 2010 03:44PM
I love YOUR stories Maggie.

Paula
February 04, 2010 07:26PM
Oh Maggie, Happy Anniversary!!! I love your story. Me and Dan got married very quick too, kind of eloped lol. After the ceremony, Dan discovered he had locked the car keys in the car lol, so he asked the preacher for a coat hanger, and with that coat hanger dan got the keys out in less than 15 seconds. The look of shock on how quick dan did that, on the preachers face, was priceless! lol Have a wonderful wonderful day tomorrow (((hugs))) smiling smiley
February 04, 2010 07:47PM
Happy Anniversary Tony and Maggie!
February 05, 2010 01:14AM
Amazing, Amazing!! 48 years!!! And, what a beautiful, sweet story!
Thank you for sharing and Happy Anniversarysmiling smiley
February 05, 2010 02:03AM
48 years... doing the math... add 100 x pi subtract by the year 1495.... dang Maggie! you are that old? smiling smiley Might be my using math and not 'rithmatic.

Happy anniversary. smiling smiley
February 05, 2010 06:19AM
Eric Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 48 years... doing the math... add 100 x pi
> subtract by the year 1495.... dang Maggie! you are
> that old? smiling smiley Might be my using math and not
> 'rithmatic.
>
> Happy anniversary. smiling smiley

It doesn?t matter if you use math or rithmetic. I am a lot older than I feel, thank goodness. SO BE NICE TO YOUR ELDERS, YOU YOUNG WHIPPER-SNAPPER, YOU!!!!!
February 05, 2010 07:00AM
Oh snap!
February 05, 2010 10:42PM
Congratulations and many more to come! Rose
February 06, 2010 04:48PM
Congratulations, Maggie and Tony!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login