Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Sunniest Rainy Day Ever....

Posted by jendoug5 
Sunniest Rainy Day Ever....
June 05, 2009 05:09PM
Well, I finally got the courage to get the results. This rainy Friday morning at 10:30 I met with Dr. McCormack at Robert Wood Johnson and he calmly informed me that I do not carry the HD gene. If my husband were not sitting there beside me I don't really think I would have believed it. My head is going to explode with emotion. Can't believe it. I had given into the symptom hunting and emotional modeling that my father had shown toward me for so many years. Oh, such joy to tell my Mom. She literally dropped the phone. These past few years have been so eye opening - such hell. God - I do not wish this on any family. I didn't realize how tough this was on my husband until he fell to the floor sobbing when the doctor gave us the news. Now with the phone calls I have made over the past few hours people are telling me things they didn't have the courage to say before. It makes me thank God for the friends who I have. People would really give so much more than we think. I need to continue to let people in. Everything is a little sweeter right now - we had icecream for dinner and champagne for dessert.

I am so very thankful for this forum and all the kind families who share themselves so openly. Now that I have found this connection I really look forward to making an impact. Not sure how - but, I know I will find a way. I am keeping my fingers crossed until the day when the sun shines on all HD families.

Jen D.
Re: Sunniest Rainy Day Ever....
June 05, 2009 05:22PM
Very good!
June 05, 2009 05:35PM
ICE CREAM FOR DINNER, what a wonderful way to celebrate! Such great news... I'm very very happy for you and yours!
jl
June 05, 2009 06:00PM
Man, Jen!

What fantastic news!

hot smiley

jl
June 05, 2009 06:11PM
That has to be the best thing that has ever happen to you in you life> and will continue to be the best thing ever. I wish I had the courage to be tested. What great news. Share it to the world, I love to say that HD did not win this time.!!!!!I'm your cheerleader I sure bet you wont ever mind seeing it rain again>LOL Best to you. Bonnie
June 05, 2009 07:07PM
Awesome Jen!
June 05, 2009 07:44PM
Congratulations! Isn't Dr. Mc cormack the best? I really liked him.
June 05, 2009 07:51PM
Yes, Indeed - congratulations and best wishes JenDoug5 !- I met Dr McCormack about 15 years ago; you couldn't couldn't wish for a better guide through all of this.
June 05, 2009 07:52PM
Yes, Indeed - congratulations and best wishes JenDoug5 !- I met Dr McCormack about 15 years ago; you couldn't couldn't wish for a better guide through all of this.
June 05, 2009 09:04PM
Awe, i'm so very happy for you Jen! smiling smiley
June 06, 2009 07:05AM
YEY!!! So so happy for you and your family! I'm your cheerleader
June 06, 2009 08:30AM
Another dragon slayed. Lov'n it! Congratrulations.
June 07, 2009 10:25PM
YAY!!!!!! Way to go Jen!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!! I hope to have the same results by the end of the summer...smileys with beer Cheers!!!

Deborah
June 08, 2009 07:35AM
I'm so very happy for you and family
dina
June 08, 2009 09:42AM
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT

I am so thrilled for you and your family.
June 08, 2009 11:46AM
That is such great news to hear!!!
db
June 08, 2009 01:04PM
Thats wonderful . I am so happy for your news . db
June 12, 2009 09:12PM
Dr. McCormick is giving me my results on Tuesday. I pray I can share good news as well.

So happy for you!!!
June 12, 2009 09:59PM
We also hope you will be able to Denise. Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login