Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

update on sister..

Posted by TeacherSue 
update on sister..
June 11, 2009 07:45AM
I wanted to update all the wonderful people who helped with info for my sister. After her 3rd suicide attempt...she spent almost 3 weeks in a mental health unit instead of being released after a couple of days...thank you to Jim Pollard for teaching us these words...."Okay, so what are you going to do about it?" The hospital was forced this time to find a place for her..instead of releasing her directing to a family member. We didn't step into that role this time. My sister is now a rehabilitation center. I'll be flying to Mass. to check out a few places such Lowell Hospital and assisted living places and visit my sister. Also trying to get her an appointment at the Center for Excellence at Mass General. The doctors at other places may be okay but they sure don't know HD even though they think they do. So once again...a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has helped with any and all comments. Everything you say is valuable to someone sometime.
Re: update on sister..
June 11, 2009 07:58AM
This is wonderful news, Sue!!! It is such a relief to be able to advocate successfully for our loved ones. You did great!
June 11, 2009 08:18AM
Awesome and congratulations! Jim (Obi Wan Kenobi) Pollard, an HD Jedi master, he is.

smiling smiley
Steve
June 11, 2009 08:22AM
And yes, I know that references to Star Wars dates me. sad smiley
June 11, 2009 08:31AM
That's okay, Steve. It was hip once, in a geeky kind of way.
June 11, 2009 08:32AM
That is great news.

Stacy-NJ
June 11, 2009 01:25PM
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on. Jim has been a great help to many HD families. I'm glad the situation is looking up and your sister is safe.
jl
June 11, 2009 02:03PM
Best of luck.

jl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login