Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Dragon fruit

Posted by kensantoso 
Dragon fruit
January 29, 2008 03:35AM
One of my favourite fruit is dragon fruit. It is sweet, cool and juicy. It is also well known for its health benefits being rich in antioxidant properties (phytoalbumins) which can help fight cancer, heart disease and lower blood pressure. I wonder if it is a good fruit for us too. smiling smiley

Ken
Re: Dragon fruit
January 29, 2008 07:16AM
I couldn't find any specific HD research related to the pitaya (dragon fruit). But certainly anything rich in antioxidant properties has to be a good thing.

Steve I
January 29, 2008 08:37AM
I have never heard of Dragon fruit?

Would I find it at a specialty store or at the local shop rite?

Stacy-NJ
Anonymous User
January 29, 2008 12:32PM
I have also never seen dragon fruit marketed locally.

I would also be interested to know where an American can obtain it - and to see comparisons between it and other local antioxidants, as for antioxidant - and other healthful - properties.

I'm fascinated!
January 29, 2008 12:48PM
Well... on the subject of "dragon fruit", starburst came out with a new type of flavor and one of them is dragon fruit... and its very good.. so good! and if dragon fruit taste anything like that then it looks like i might begin to eat a little healthier... haha
January 29, 2008 12:59PM
i would imagine you could get them at a whole foods store? or maybe an asian market ?? ill ask my asian fiance..lol
January 29, 2008 01:02PM
why not...
Anonymous User
January 29, 2008 03:12PM
I regularly shop at SE Asian groceries - since I cook a lot of SE Asian food.

I've not seen "dragon fruit" there, either - but then, I've not asked. I'll do so! smiling smiley

I'd be overjoyed if anyone could supply me with a reliable source of kaffir lime rind and coriander root!

Though I'm probably going way off-base, here, since I doubt if either of them has anti-oxident benefits........... smiling smiley
January 30, 2008 12:52AM
I like dragon fruit with white flesh. The ones we have here are mostly from Vietnam. I eat it almost everyday. Lovely fruit.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login