Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Genetic Non-Discrimination Act of 2007

Posted by stevei 
Genetic Non-Discrimination Act of 2007
January 22, 2007 07:59PM
Hello fellow advocates for that which is right.

The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2007 has been introduced into the house for this session and this requires your active lobbying efforts. Let's make it happen!

The Political Action Page on this site makes it soooo easy to share your opinion with your representatives.

[www.hdac.org]

Let's kick some politicians tails and make them do the right thing!

Steve Ireland
Georgetown, TX

MRO
Re: Genetic Non-Discrimination Act of 2007
January 22, 2007 08:43PM
Want to find out who your congressman is? And email him quickly...

[www.house.gov]

It can't hurt to start the buzz early...here's what I wrote...

As your constituent and an advocate to promote advances in care for Huntington Disease patients, I urge you to vote yes on the bill HR 493.

My husband suffers from a genetic disease called Huntington's disease. His 5 siblings, two children, 12 nieces and nephews and 20 cousins are at risk for not only inheriting this disease but the stigma that could come along with genetic discrimination.

Huntington?s Disease (HD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that causes uncontrollable movements, deterioration of reasoning ability as well as emotional disturbances as the brain cells die. Right now with this disease, every minute counts as time means the death of brain cells. Research efforts aim to improve diagnosis, treatment, and cures for thirty-thousand Americans afflicted with Huntington?s disease and two-hundred thousand at risk. Treatments are just around the corner.

Please take the time to read over this bill and make the best decision for our nation in this case.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

My Name
Caregiver and mother of two at risk children.

January 22, 2007 09:20PM
Nicely done. Thank you.

Steve
amb
January 22, 2007 11:24PM
ok I did my homework!!! I think it is a good idea for everyone to do this very easy to do !!!!
take care amb
January 23, 2007 08:34AM
Here is a link to the House of Reps website that will give you all the information about the bill - including 151 co sponsors.

[thomas.loc.gov]:

I am going to find my NJ co sponsors and get them a letter.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Stacy-NJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login