Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

photo gallery

Posted by StevieRay 
photo gallery
January 05, 2007 04:43AM
can anyone tell me how to put a photo on this photo gallery ....I can't seem to figure it out ....I have a couple of pics we would like you all to see and if someone could help me I sure would be greatful as would my wife ...she feels very good about you guys and would like to share herself with you all and would like it if you all did the same ...she as well as myself would like to get to know our friends smiling smiley...so if someone could give me a hand I would surely welcome it. Thank you in advance for your help ...
Your friend
sr
PS ...no one has to post a picture ....its just that my wife likes to meet and see who she talks to (as do I ) but she wants you all to meet her..if thats what she wants ...that is what she will get if I can do it ...so someone please tell me how .....thank you for your help
Re: photo gallery
January 05, 2007 06:58AM
There isn't a mechanism for readers to upload pictures.

The issue is bandwidth and site costs. This site has several hundred pages and the Lighthouse has several thousand. We like to use photos where we can but the photos we use are optimized at 72 dpi and we use them to illustrate articles and updates. The more bandwidth that sites use, the more money the ISP charges. We've been lucky in that our ISP charges are reasonable and we want them to be because trips to the research conferences are expensive.

What we could do, if people really want us to, is have a 'Rogues Gallery' of regular posters with a pic (which we'll optimize) and a short bio. I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a huge demand for this and we wouldn't be overwhelmed. HDAC and the Lighthouse get about 2,100 unique visitors each day which I think is probably a lot for an HD site but the vast majority don't post and many of those who do don't do so on a regular basis.

We're also going to be thinking about what to do with the photo gallery that we have. It needs to be better organized and so does our library page. There's a lot of material here and on the Lighthouse that people probably don't realize is there.
January 05, 2007 07:32AM
Stevie Ray, You could also think of a Blog, like Barb's or Eric's. They could probably tell you how to get started. I think it is a great way to get to know one another.

Just an idea

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 07:32AM by elizabeth.
January 05, 2007 11:26AM
Or, we could open up a yahoo, hdac profile and photo blog, and link it on this page. Anyone that wants to do a mini profile and photos could do it. hmmm.....it's an idea. If we wanted to do something like this, i, or someone else, could open up-; a blog, and have people email photo's and mini profile to the person doing the blog. I wonder how many people would be interested in something like this? And if people wanted to keep their anonominity, they could do a mini profile with no photo's, each mini profile could be a blog entry with or without a photo. This could be a cool idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 11:36AM by Barb.
January 05, 2007 11:44AM
I am working on it barb.
January 05, 2007 11:51AM
cool!
January 05, 2007 01:54PM
Barb,

I figured out how to get the piece that the Pentagon Channel did on me in November into a wmv file, and posted it on YouTube. You could put the link up. It doesn't mention my HD situation, but it's the real me talking.

[www.youtube.com]

Will

January 05, 2007 03:30PM
that's so cool Will! Your story comes up right away with that link instead of having to seaqrch for it. Way to go!
January 05, 2007 10:29PM
I also love to see who I am talking too. And I would love to send pictures of my family and of myself. Especially since I am a model for Victoria secret! LOL LOL LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login