Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

How to order Trehalose

Posted by juliew 
How to order Trehalose
December 26, 2006 05:59PM
I have ordered before through www.trehalose.biz (from hdlighthouse article) - Now the site is password protected. Anyone know what to do? Thanks.
Re: How to order Trehalose
December 26, 2006 07:46PM
How long has it been password protected? They may be going through some site redevelopment.

Steve
December 29, 2006 03:05PM
Hello,

I have the answer to the password problem. The webpage has been updated and moved. Try using this link to get you to the new page.
[www.brooklynpremium.com]
It looks like the packaging has been changed but I think the price is the same. If you use bookmarks, don't forget to delete the old bookmark and create a new one.

Happy New Year!
Craig
December 29, 2006 08:55PM
Thanks Craig!
January 03, 2007 02:41PM
Is this realy helpful?
January 03, 2007 03:09PM
We don't know for sure. It delays onset and slows progression in the HD mice. In a cell model, trehalose acts as a protein chaperone, helping the protein to fold (misfolding is an HD pathology) and inducing autophagy, which is a process whereby the toxic HD fragments are surrounded and consumed -- so those are probably the mechanisms that work in the mouse. However, there haven't been any human studies at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2007 06:40AM by stevei.
January 05, 2007 07:32AM
My step son was taking it for a while. He could not get up to the full dosage and discontinued because of weight gain. He is really fit, eats well and exercises so I do not thing the weight gain was his imagination.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login