Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

gates

Posted by Dave 
Dave
gates
July 05, 2005 03:46PM
I heard on the radio that the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation was funding all kinds of medical causes (they listed a few) including "improving the food value of bananas." I thought that was fascinating because I think someone on the message board had written to the foundation for help with HD and were declined.
RE: gates
July 06, 2005 12:42AM
[www.wrongdiagnosis.com]
To get money from the Gates Foundation is probably harder than getting into heaven. Personally I would go to Africa with zuccini seeds to feed mllions from very little.
My daughter went to Zimbabwe with Scoutscanada in 1996. The Scouts were building a water system for 5 villages.
I question "What happened to the British infrastructure like wells and water?" The same fate may have happened to the hard and expensive work my daughter did there.
While my daughter was in Zimbabwe, she was utterly spoiled by a family in the village. Now she has no contact, and does not even know if they are still alive.
I think that the Gates Foundation would fund a neuro going to Africa to test for HD, if it could be done relatively easily. So far there is no point in pushing an HD diagnosis on anyone because we don't have a cure. I think the whole thing would be different if there was a cure.

The chart above certainly makes me think HD is global.
Dusty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login