Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

19 with HD

Posted by Katie Tamargo 
19 with HD
July 20, 2000 05:21PM

I am katie, i am 19 and recently diagnosed with hd. I am interested in meeting people online who might have something in common with me. Since most people diagnosed with Hd are much older than myself. I am already showing some symptoms, mostly cognitive and emotional. My motor skills arent to bad.
MY father has hd. He was diagnosed in 88, he is 41 and is in either a walker or wheelchair. my grandfather has hd also, and is still alive at 62, he seems better than my father. he only walks with a cane. MY great grandmother had hd, but is now dead. she was bed ridden, and died in her 70s.
please write me.... if you have anything to say, or in common...
To all that Hd's dark shadow crosses, you are in my prayers...
love katie
RE: 19 with HD
August 08, 2000 04:29PM
Hi Katie,
I am an 18 year old that was diagnosed with HD when I was 12. Slowly but surely my symptoms are progessing, but continue to charge on with life. Maybe we could be each other's support...
-Rosanna
RE: 19 with HD
August 08, 2000 04:45PM
hello, my name is Angela,
I am a parent of a lad with jhd, he is 17yrs and was pos two years ago. He has many problems and was wondering if you would like to talk about the problems you and our son have during the course of hd, Many thanks, take care.xxx
NEED Info on JHD
November 06, 2000 08:04PM
hey i dont know if you will find this but my boyfriend has JHD and i want to know what is happening to him ..... if you or anyone else can tell me more about JHD please email me at Ladyleo21_21*at*yahoo.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login