Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

question

Posted by wallettce 
question
June 16, 2017 08:57PM
does someone have a HD relative that drink, water, juice, ice tea, until he puik and after he keep want to keep drinking I really dont know what to do any ideas I will appreciate it.
Re: question
June 17, 2017 09:00AM
Does he have diabetes? That could be the problem. He might be low in sodium and his system is trying to keep his fluid/electrolyte balance. A doctor can test that. Salt pills would help that.

Will
June 18, 2017 03:18PM
I wish it was at least I knew where that came from I have diabetes, he got a physical last month and everything was good, he get really mad if I don't give him a drink He has an appointment this week coming up I hope I can get some help its a 24/7 job right now its been really hard on me since I am not working and taking care of him without breaks.
July 16, 2017 05:58PM
I don't get on this forum very much, so sorry for the late reply. My husband had this OCD with fluids. When he could ambulate on his own we had to turn off all the accessible water supplies off under the sink counters and put a chain and padlock on the fridge. It was horrible. We found no reason for it other than an OCD. He vocalizes babbles constantly also, non-stop unless he is sleeping. Blocking access to the excessive fluids is the only thing that worked. We tried different meds to no avail. He can no longer walk to get to fluids so that's the only thing that helped with that.
Lizzieann
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login