Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Long time no see

Posted by patty c 
Long time no see
October 21, 2016 11:06AM
Hi All.

It has been quite a while since I have posted. I suppose I took a break to regroup my life and find my focus again.

I lost my husband to Huntington's a year and a half ago (June '15) We had him at home until the end, and I loved being able to care for him according to his wishes. We did have the help of hospice services a few days a week and my family was a great support. Since that time, I took some time off work, spent the summer visiting friends and relatives and creating some new memories with my kids (now 14 and 13.)

Rusty and I had been quite regulars at the local support group. It took me about 6 months before I went back, and when I did, I cried the entire time. Time eventually softened those blows and I was able to get back at it and continue our fight to end this disease.

I took a position at our Center of Excellence as the Occupational Therapist and have also joined the Enroll-HD research team. I know his angel sits on my shoulder as I continue to do everything I can to improve the lives of those affected by HD.

I'll try to keep a closer tab on the forum, as I always welcomed offering help to others facing what we have faced.

Nice to "see" you all again.
Patty
JFB
Re: Long time no see
October 21, 2016 06:45PM
welcome back Patty....
I have not been active here, just visit ever so often.
I feel for your loss of your Husband. I can't express condolances well so please just understand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 02:52PM by JFB.
Re: Long time no see
October 24, 2016 08:43AM
Hello Patty. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for being a good caregiver and continuing to contribute to the HD community with your life and educational experience.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login