Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Allison's Story

Posted by howard 
Allison's Story
April 17, 2016 05:57AM
Any old timers still around here probably remember us. My daughter Allison was diagnosed with JHD many years ago. It has been quite a journey which has not ended yet. In her honor I have written a book about this journey. I hope that our experiences can lend aid to other people going through a similar experience. Please feel free to share with anyone who might benefit. Here is the link to the book: [www.allisonsstory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 05:57AM by howard.
JFB
Re: Allison's Story
April 17, 2016 07:33AM
thanks for sharing,
I recalled a lot from when you were going thorough most chapters...seems like I lost track around C14, but for the last couple years I have not visited HDLH as frequent
You are a GREAT FATHER Howard
Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 09:27AM by JFB.
eve
April 17, 2016 10:29PM
Thanks for responding to my post, Howard. I am going to check out Allison's and your story.
lyn
May 06, 2016 09:36AM
Hi Howard.

I am still around and still check in from time to time. I began the first HD journey around the same time as you with Allison. HD never seems to leave the family as long as there is life. One journey has ended here and another about to begin.

Thanks for sharing your and Allison's story.
dcb
May 29, 2016 10:02PM
Thanks for sharing

DCB
*Living for today*
June 12, 2016 03:05AM
I'm back after an extended absence and was just thinking about you and your daughter and BOOM - first post I see when I log back in. I will definitely check out the book. Thank you for sharing this. Your strength over the years really helped me through some hard times (I wasn't that active post wise, but I took in a lot) Hoping today has been a great day for you both.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login