Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

update since writing many years ago

Posted by Yogamom 
update since writing many years ago
March 13, 2016 03:55PM
It has been years since I've written, and I would like to share an update and would love to hear from others. I'm 47 and my DH is 51, recently showing more and more symptoms. He finally agreed to see a neurologist and after a very thorough exam at UTSW in Dallas, diagnosed him with "abnormal body movements" and suggested he get a brain scan and visit with the genetic counselor. He got the brain scan, and they put his results on his MyChart account, and did not call him. (VERY DISAPPOINTING) THe results said, "the caudeates are small in size bilaterally, without associated signal abnormality, with mild to moderate global volume loss. . . . The finding may be seen in patients with HD." So now we are trying to get in to see the doctor together, but things are complicated by ME going through chemotherapy for breast cancer, and too sick to see the doctor on March 14. They made an appointment on the 21st, but he will be traveling for work that week. So we are waiting for an appointment to see the doctor, and also he had to cancel his genetic counseling appt. due to his work travel. He has a very high pressure, demanding, professional job and he seems to be doing well. No one has expressed concerns to me and his reviews are good. However I am noticing more and more movements, and stuff at home. Going through breast cancer while dealing with this is not easy - will be done with my chemo in May, than mastectomy. Stage 2, caught early, so my prognosis is very good. I have connected with the HD support group in the DFW area, and would love to hear from others. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login